Monday's Workout!!!

Scott William
on 8/23/09 11:41 pm
I ran 3.2 this morning and could not get my breathing under control.  I never got into the rhythm of the run.  Thank god for tomorrow!!!

How did you do today?  Remember that there are no - only's and just's.  Anything that you should be commended and posted.  It's not only a mile, it's one great god dammed mile!!!!

Whoooo Rahhh!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 8/24/09 1:49 am - Long Island, NY
Love the comment "Remember that there are no - only's and just's"!

I did a 35 min run this morning - it was great! So much better than yesterday. I am so glad that my running has been more consistent over the last couple of weeks.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Waterwench
on 8/24/09 3:52 am - portland, OR
Yeah, you're right--I DO tend to compare myself to the more seasoned and fit runners on the forum, so no "only's and just's" for me today!

I ran 4.23 miles going pretty briskly this morning. It's impossible to get away from the hills here in Portland, so I guess I am getting some really great cardio in! I try to be philosophical about it.

I think I overstretched the back of my right thigh yesterday during my 6.3 mi., so today's was purposefully shorter and I've applied ice and heat both.
mcarthur01
on 8/24/09 4:37 am - Cumming, GA
the really good thing about training in tough places (hills/heat etc), is when you go someplace more pleasant for a race or training, you kick some ass. i'm hitting the gym after work this week for a changeup, so i'll post later tonight on my workout....
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 8/24/09 8:00 am - Missoula, MT
I took a 2nd rest day after Saturday's race.  I was really tired before it, during it, and after it.  Didn't take enough time to recover from the one 6 days prior.

I did, however, get the lawn mowed and some laundry done.  That's twice as much as I did yesterday.

Linn 
Serenity08
on 8/24/09 9:37 am - NH
 Today was two walks - one for 30 minutes and one for 40 minutes.  I didn't have a lot of get up and go for these walks - my walk/run of 7 miles took a toll on me yesterday - I think because of the humidity.  
Tomorrow will be a rare rest day - I don't often take a complete day off from exercise.

Serenity

Cassie W.
on 8/24/09 9:59 am
After running 31 miles this weekend, I opted for a 45-minute spin class today for active recovery without any pounding.  I'm always amazed how much better I feel when I get on the bike after the long runs.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Jenni123
on 8/24/09 10:04 am - orlando, FL
 Two miles on the treadmill in just under 33 minutes.  My time is improving every time I run/walk.  Still working up to the 3 miles.  I did manage 2.5 miles last week and hope to hit that on my second walk/run this week.  I also did arms.   
thorr159
on 8/24/09 10:52 am
Kettlebell intervals and a 5 mile walk.
Markrb
on 8/24/09 10:58 am - MA
I did a 2.5 mile interval run and then a 45 minute spin class. Trying to get into the swing after an nice week at the beach.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active