socks or not?

Seht
on 8/22/09 4:44 pm
So jus ****ching some videos on transitions and several of them recommend not using socks.
they just body glide the shoe and then sprinkle the inside with baby powder.
No hastling with putting socks on wet feet.

I have never liked wearing shoes with no socks, but I think I might give the body glide, baby powder option a try.

I'm just wondering if anyone here does this?

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 8/22/09 11:15 pm - Cumming, GA
i saw some videos on that as well... i'm worried about blisters, my feet are pretty prone to them.  i'll be interested if anybody on this board tries this method in races.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 8/23/09 12:28 am
Yeah, and I hate that sweaty foot feeling.  Put on shoes without socks and a few minutes later and that sweaty shoe feeling is driving me nuts.  Maybe with the baby powder that is a non issue.

Scott

MacMadame
on 8/23/09 1:38 am - Northern, CA
I tried running sockless at track and got blisters every time.

I roll up my sock and I put baby powder in them and they slide right on. I may try going sockless again at some point, but right now I'm okay with my transition times.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/23/09 3:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
I did both 70.3's this year w/o socks and did not body glide or baby powder and was fine with 0 blisters. I will probably "Sock up" for Ironman this week...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kypdurran
on 8/24/09 7:35 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Anything less than a 70.3 and I don't bother with socks.   Train with and without them and see how your feet hold up.   Don't go into race day without socks when you've been training with them because you'll just be asking for trouble.

Chad

Seht
on 8/25/09 1:03 am
I thought I would test this out with something easy, so I powdered up the shoes last night and went for a 2 mile walk.  Everything went o.k. no blisters and none of that nasty sweaty foot feeling.

Tonight is a short run night, so I'm going to try it again and see how it feels.  I'll have to give the biking shoes a try as well.

Scott

Most Active