Weekend Workouts / Races ... check in

levittown_loser
on 8/22/09 6:41 am - Levittown, PA
Long run today for my marathon training ... Slow easy 15 miles in the rain.   Off tomorrow and back to training on Monday.

What did you do?

Tom went for a 15.1 mile run.

Tom went for a 15.1 mile run. According to the Nike+ Running Monitor the run took 2 hours 51 minutes and 1 seconds and was done at an average pace of 11:19 per mile.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Darrell H.
on 8/22/09 6:57 am - Sinton, TX
Rain, what is this stuff you call rain? I had a 5.1 mile run at an 11:12 pace. It was nice running outside again, but the treadmill work lately has really helped me with my pace.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/22/09 9:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
The shortest weekend ride I have had in months... Was supposed to do 60 miles and a short brick but had a chain break and managed 30 miles at avg pace of 19.9 MPH and 2 mile run at 9:05 pace. Have a great weekend all....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Serenity08
on 8/22/09 9:43 am - NH
 70 minute walk in lots of humidity.   Tomorrow is a run/walk day outside.
Serenity

MacMadame
on 8/22/09 1:22 pm - Northern, CA
I went for an adventure....

My plan was to bike to the NorCal OH get together in Pleasant Hill. I had an 80 mile bike loop planned out. 40 miles up, 2 hour lunch, 40 miles back. Up was hilly, back was basically downhill for most of the 40 miles.

I essentially did that but many things did not go as planned.

(1) My bike computer malfunctioned so I'm not quite sure what my true mileage and pace was on the way up. I also got dumped out on a road at one point instead of the trail I was planning to take so my actual mileage was different than my planned mileage.

(2) My new tire and tube got another flat! I was able to just pump it up on the way out and made it to the restaurant just fine. But riding on the tire with little air for quite a distance really slowed me down. (It looked fine from on the bike and I was ascending a major hill and didn't want to stop because I was afraid I'd not be able to start up again. I eventually had to though.)

(3) When I got to the restaurant, I realized I didn't have my return trip directions! I used my iPhone to show a reasonable route, but it wasn't the route I had planned and ended up being more hilly and slightly less mileage.

(4) On the way back, the tube gave up the ghost and it took me forever to change it. I can do everything but get the tire back on that last bit myself and I waved off many offers of help when I was doing the part I can do. I spent half an hour working on the part I couldn't and no one stopped so I called my dh and told him to come get me. Then I struggled with the tire some more and someone did stop to help and he snapped the tire on right away. Ugh. So I called dh and told him to go home and road the rest of the way semi-as planned.

Btw, the morons at my LBS had put the tube on in some weird way that caused it to fold back on itself! (They also couldn't fix my front derailer, which was clearly too high and set too close to the frame.) So that's why I got the leak in the tube.

Anyway, I biked at least 77 miles in just under 7 hours bike time and over 8.5 hours elapsed time.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/09 2:49 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
Throw in heat stroke and you've got damn near every ride I've ever done! What a great learning experience. Just think of how prepared you'll be fore the enxt one! GREAT JOB!
Duane1064
on 8/22/09 9:43 pm - Bloomington, IN
 Saturday I did a 3.5 mile run outside on the trail using the c25k method.  Also went to the Indiana State Fair and walked forever!  Today we are going to go on an 8 mile canoe trip. I may hit the gym this evening if I have time and I'm not exhausted from the canoe trip.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
MacMadame
on 8/23/09 1:39 am - Northern, CA
Of for an OWS (1.25 miles) followed by a run of indeterminate length (90 min? Depends on the heat and how late it is).

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Cassie W.
on 8/23/09 4:02 am
I feel like I'm training for the Goofy challenge and I'm not even planning to go to Disney in 2010...

Saturday was a 10-miler at an average pace of 10:30.

Today (Sunday ) was a 21-miler at an average 10:30 for the first 17 miles.  The last 4, I had to resort to a run/walk due to dehydration.  When I got home and weighed myself, I had lost 6 pounds, despite drinking during the run and rehydrating once I got back the car.  It was very hot & humid.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Serenity08
on 8/23/09 4:57 am - NH
 Today I did 7 miles - a lot of walking and some running.  The humidity was a killer this morning.

Serenity

Most Active