Which Runner's Belt?

Waterwench
on 8/22/09 2:17 am - portland, OR
Hi, folks! I have to be on-call for the next month and I am trying to figure out which runner's belt is the best to just keep my cell phone in. Normally, I don't need to bring anything but my Zune on my runs, which I wear in an armband. But this next month is supposed to be an absolute population explosion, so for the hour or so that I am out and about, I have to still be available in case I need to come in.

I want a belt that doesn't bounce and is streamlined. Yesterday I had to improvise using my thinnest leather belt and my monster ipod cozy. It wasn't pretty. The cozy, which looks like a fuzzy brown Tazmanian devil, bounced around and travelled literally COMPLETELY around my waist over and over again. It was like I was doing the hula-hoop!

Anyhoo, I have seen several belts on Amazon.com. The 3 that seem to fit the bill best are the SPI belt, the Runner's Fuel Belt by Tytenz, and the Ultimate Direction Marathon belt. Any advice? Is there another belt that you've found that works for you? I really need some experienced runners to give me the skinny on the best choice! Thanks!

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

levittown_loser
on 8/22/09 6:37 am - Levittown, PA
I have the reflective SPI belt and love it.   It adjusts to the size of what your carrying.   I also picked up the race number toggles.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/22/09 11:05 am, edited 8/22/09 11:11 am - Fort Worth, TX
Here's what I use...It's made by Amphipod, super versatile and the bottles actually have grooves in the sides so the bottles "Snap" in and cannot fall out, which is cool...

Revolutionary RunLite™ Hydration
The RunLite Series multi-bottle hydration belts combine Full-Tilt™, Hybrid-stretch™, SnapFlask™ and AirFlow™ technology. This versatile and ergonomically integrated system has incomparable quick-click access to fluid or gel while on the run. Self-customizing options make these ultra-light hydration belts the most comfortable way to carry fuel, water, and basic essentials. Position bottles anywhere you want on the belt - vertically, horizontally and for left and right handed access. The multi-bottle Runlite Series belts are unmatched for comfort, performance and overall usability.

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Waterwench
on 8/23/09 6:48 am - portland, OR
Wow, guys! Thanks for the advice. I'm going to check those both out--the SPI belt I saw before didn't have the clips or the reflective tape on it.
Scott William
on 8/23/09 11:37 pm
I know that this does not answer your question but last fall, I picked up an under armor jacket with a pocket above the chest.  It zips shut and is the perfect size for a phone.  When it gets colder up here in the north, you could try something like that.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active