in need of desperate info?

dkrastins
on 8/21/09 12:56 pm - Canada
 am 400 lbs and almost in a wheel chair because of a deterating hip....please can u tell me what exercise i can do to make my hip stronger so that i can walk more thank u donna im 54 and a diabetis [email protected]

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/21/09 1:08 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I would recommend speaking with your physician / Ortho.... You need to determine your range of motion etc... before I can make a recommendation... Best of luck... At 400 LBS I would recommend low impact excercises like aqua aerobics or stationary recumbent bike...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Donna C.
on 8/21/09 1:49 pm
Hi Donna,
I am 45, weigh 440 currently and do water aerobics eventhough I have degenerative arthritis.  No diabetes though.  I have also recently started to get back to walking again using a rollator that has a weight capacity of 550 so it is very sturdy and I just walk a little and sit some and then walk some more.  So far, I probably am only up to about 1/2 a mile in about an hour but baby steps.  And tonight my next baby step is to come check out the exercise forum.  Feel free to check out the BMI over 50 forum we have a lot of unique problems and I think us 50+'s are an incredibly fun group of ladies.
Keep trying whatever you do even if it is just 5 minutes. 

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.

HW 491, BMI 70.4 *** SW 444, BMI 63.7 *** CW 364, BMI 52.5

Darrell H.
on 8/22/09 7:02 am - Sinton, TX
Like Dan said, talk to your doctor, and then if he gives you the ok, get out there and Dare Greatly.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active