Thursday Workouts & Something Cool...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/20/09 1:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hey Guys,

So  today I ran 5.5 miles at average pace of 7.1MPH. Feeling pretty good. This evening our family and some friends went to get some pizza for dinner and a dude kept staring at me. I got up and he walked towards me and he asked... "Are you Dan Benintendi?" I said yeah... He said he listened to my podcast on WWW.Competitorradio.com and has been following me ever since. I told him that was so cool he introduced himself and his family to me and I we are going to hook up soon for some training after Louisville. That was pretty cool. If you never heard that podcast here's the link, it was pretty cool to be interviewed by some stellar athletes...
http://competitorradio.com/details.php?show=322

What did you guys do today???

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 8/20/09 4:16 pm - Northern, CA
Another missed workout. They found a problem at 4pm that HAD to be fixed right then so I missed my ride.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Duane1064
on 8/20/09 8:40 pm - Bloomington, IN
Dan, very cool story.  I did five miles on the trail.  My goal was to walk the five miles in 75 minutes.  I failed....I was 3 minutes over but I tried my best.  I could have made it if I had jogged or ran some but I wanted to do it walking.  I've got that half marathon in Nov. and the 7 mile cut off is 105 minutes or a 15 min/mile pace.
Duane 

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Serenity08
on 8/20/09 9:10 pm - NH
 I had a 35 minute run.
Linn D.
on 8/21/09 1:08 am - Missoula, MT
Cool, Dan!

I took it pretty easy Thurs and only did the spin class.  Seems funny to say 'only' since I'm used to either longer workouts or doubles.  But...  don't want to overdo this week.

Linn
Waterwench
on 8/21/09 3:52 am - portland, OR

I did 5 miles on the treadmill, which was kind of boring even WITH my rockin' sixties music playlist. And then I did some knee-strengthening exercises with ankle weights, which I am trying to incorporate into my dealio 3 times a week.

My plan today (Friday) was to only do 3 or 4 miles, but I was called at 5am to assist at a delivery, and here it is almost 11am and I just got home. I am so tired!

I'm having some coffee right now to try to kickstart my motivation. I am so wiped out, but I don't want to take a second rest day this wee****il Sunday. Wednesdays and Sundays work best as rest days for me, usually.

Once I have my coffee, my brain will be able to tell my body to get off it's ass and RUN!!

Darrell H.
on 8/22/09 7:05 am - Sinton, TX
That is awesome Dan. My plan called for cross trining so I did 30 min in the pool doing drill work, breathing drills to be specific.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active