Bad workout and it's effect

Waterwench
on 8/18/09 4:10 am - portland, OR
Hey, Scott! I'm just a beginner, but I've read that for runs longer than 45 minutes or an hour, human beings need to refuel and hydrate throughout the workout. I bring a 12 ounce water bottle on my runs, because my mouth gets so dry, and with the heat, I am sweating like crazy. If I just take a drink every half mile or mile, it makes a HUGE difference in how I feel!

I know you said that you hate to coordinate eating and drinking while running, but why not think of it as a new skill to learn? A pouch of fruit snacks doesn't have too many calories, and it might help keep you going. I've seen hydration belts, too, where the bottles are distributed evenly so a person doesn't feel the weight. Just a thought!
Scott William
on 8/18/09 4:36 am
I say to add a bit more to each long run.  Make the 8 an 8.5, the 9 a 9.75 then the 10 an 11 and if you must slow down, do it.  Also, slow way down on any hills you come across.  You are in better shape than me.  I was set back to a LR of 4.5 miles and mine is oct 10.  So much for a PR attempt.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active