Tuesday Workouts.....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/18/09 3:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
And so taper begins with a pretty good run. 4.76 miles in 42:03.... 6.8mph avg....What did you do today???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 8/18/09 3:12 am - Missoula, MT
I have another race on Saturday so I thought I'd take it kind of easy today, but not too...

Early morning spin class then 1.5 mile run at an easier pace.  I did use the incline for a half mile of it.

Linn 
Waterwench
on 8/18/09 3:55 am - portland, OR
I did my morning stretches, especially focusing on my plantar fascia stretch, and then ran 5.08 miles down SW 30th, up Dosch Rd. and into the Sunset Hills (of Death, nothing but the horrors of uphill running for miles).

From there it was gradually easier through Hillsdale and down to Barbur, where I cut across to 22nd and finally hit Multnomah Blvd., my home-sweet-home stretch! Taking a cool bath never felt so good after THAT!!
Iambuddylee
on 8/18/09 5:36 am
This morning I did a light back and shoulder workout with about 15 minutes of Pilates core work and then 15 minutes on the recumbant bike for 5.25 miles at a setting of 12. Then a relaxing 10 minutes in the sauena.

Tonights workout will be ROCK HARD a Cardio/Weight training class at the gym. This and Friday's class are the toughest. Both are taught by the same instructor at the White Rock Gold's Gym here in Dallas.

Jose
Jenni123
on 8/18/09 9:48 am - orlando, FL
 Today is normally my off day but I am not 100% sure I will have time to go to the gym tomorrow so I went ahead and went and did 10 mins elliptical and weight training.  Worked my legs and abs.  Just a short work out.  I did do 2.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday in just under 42 minutes.   I am getting closer to my short term goal of 3 miles in 45 minutes.  If i get time I will try and run/walk my 2.5 miles again tomorrow.  Thursday night is Zumba.  Friday I have the day off so am hoping to get an extra workout in and probably spend an hour and a half at the gym.  Normally Friday is also an off day.  Have a great week everyone! 
Cassie W.
on 8/18/09 11:55 am
Today was a 10K run followed by core work.  I've been ignoring my core and it's catching up with me; so, I figure I better recommit to these essentials to prevent another injury.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

wjoegreen
on 8/18/09 12:24 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
I did 3 miles jogging at work at lunchtime.  I haven't been very consistent this month after a very good July; so I expected to suffer.  I was excited and amazed that I did the first 1.5 without stopping.  A new distance record since my restart in May.  Then I had trouble getting a consisitent stretch on the 1.5 mile back in andf felt I had maybe startedout too fast and messed up.  I was pleased when I finished in 34 minutes for a 11:19 min a mile avg.  My previous fastest since May was 12:20 on a 5 mi jaunt.  So it was only 3 and the foirst half was alot stronger than the last half but I will take it as significant progress.  Now I have to get more consistent to keep it going the right direction.

Football officiating assignments were published last night and I have 11 assigned games, not counting any rec league assignments or on-call fill-ins for last minute vacancies.  One of the back judges wore his pedometer  during a game last season and told us he totaled 8 miles in his 2 hour game jogging about the field and starting and stopping between plays.  It doesn't look like much and some of the officials at the JV and Varsity levels don't look very athletic but if you hustle around from point to point like they train you too, its a pretty descent workout.

Its helping to keep me motivated to keep my endurance up and weight down, in my cute little stretchy white shorts or knickers.  I also met one trainee that runs and we might get together to do some local events as we both want to do a half and maybe a marathon in the near future.

rock on dude and dudettes~
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
BigCityGirl
on 8/18/09 12:27 pm - San Diego, CA
Two miles on the treadmill this morning in 18:45.  Upper body work with weights following the run. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Three4Me
on 8/18/09 1:24 pm

1 Hour Advanced Cycle class this morning followed by a one hour weights class this evening...(that was really, really brutal---I will definitely be thinking about that tomorrow & the next day when I am so sore).....

I was in class tonight & had an epiphone.....I was watching other people max out on certain exercises & have to take a break & I was really pushing every exercise to it's limit.....then I realized it was five months ago that I had my RNY surgery & that five months & three days ago I weighed 293 pounds & this morning, with all my workout clothes (including running shoes) on I weighed 188 pounds.....105 pounds in 5 months & the ability to take two really tough classes in one day......crazy!

Preop Weight 293/SW 289/CW 202.3/GW 165/LW158

MacMadame
on 8/18/09 4:35 pm - Northern, CA
I went to my regular track workout. We did pacing with a partner and my partner had trouble keep up with ME!!! Whee.

My knee was fine afterwards too. I may get in my long run this week after all.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active