Aqua-exercise

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/09 5:44 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I find exercising in the pool to be a great joy...the only kind of exercise I really love (so far).  But sometimes I get bored with my routine. Any good websites you can suggest for aqua-aerobics/strength training? 
Linn D.
on 8/16/09 8:52 am - Missoula, MT
No real routine input, but I know a lot of ladies who exercise in the pool and they like going to different classes.  Most teachers shake up their classes and routines quite a bit to avoid the boredom.

Linn
Iambuddylee
on 8/17/09 5:43 am
I firmly believe in water aerobics.. It's not just for ladies, however I am usually the only guy in my classes. My gym offers classes every Monday and Wed. night, so, I take both of them religiously!! i know those classes are the reason I can do the aerobic and weight training classes that i do now.

The instructors for the water are also regular instructors so their classes always vary and are very difficult.

Keep it in the water for now and then slowly get in to classes but come back to the water it's too much fun!

Jose
Linn D.
on 8/17/09 12:13 pm - Missoula, MT
Sorry Jose.  Didn't mean to imply that it's just for the ladies.  I belong to an all women's gym.

Linn
Iambuddylee
on 8/18/09 1:01 am
Oh I didn't take it that way at all.. I was just saying that I was the only male in the class....

It's funny because when I tell my friends about the class they can dismiss it as a form of exercise. So one day I took a couple of them to the pool for a workout and kicked their but and they were saying "I'll never make fun of water aerobics again!".

They all came to work the next day sore and hurting.
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/09 1:08 am - Bellmawr, NJ
It can be a really intense workout cant it? We have one lady who does this class that afterwards I always need a nap because she works you sooooo hard.  Yesterday we did all these reps of pushing a noodle and two water bells into the water over and over and over and my arms felt like spaghetti.

Its funny, at our gym we usually have one guy in the pool for the early water aerobics class, a priest. I always think more men should do this....but Im glad not to have to share the pool with more people ;) 
Most Active