Double Weekend Events

Rob S.
on 8/16/09 8:40 am - DE

So I haven't been on lately, but not due to lack of activity. 
Last Saturday, I ran the Sea Isle City 10-miler.  7 1/2 mile of running on the beach, the rest on the boardwalk.  It was fun, over 1400 participants.  Not the normal race, since you're constantly dodging divets and sandcastles, as well as jumping over pylons and jetties.  I didn't break any land records, but finished in decent time and without any injuries.  I
Today, I completed the Lums Pond Dualathon.  It was a 2-mile run, 19.7 mile bike ride, and finishing with a 3-mile out and back run.  It was pretty uneventful.  The first run was great.  I had a little problem with my heel in the bike ride but finished strong.  Since my heel was hurting me, I decided to coast in on the 3-mile run and finish.  Didn't want to aggravate something and miss out on the fall season.  This was a fun event, because it was the first time my running partner had done a duo, other than are training session.  Another feather in the cap!
Now we get to settle into a training season for the 150-mile Bike to the Bay in October, and some marathon in November. 
We decided to put off doing the Bermuda Trangle until 2011 (financials finally caught up), so it looks like next year we'll be doing the Niagara Falls marathon, and either the Quebec or Chicago marathon.  The early part of the year, we'll be doing the Muddy Buddy in Richmond and the Broad Street Run in Philadelphia (3rd time).
Rob

Linn D.
on 8/16/09 12:54 pm - Missoula, MT
Nice to hear from you Rob!

I figured you've been busy.  Sounds like you have some good plans for the near future as well.  

Stay well!

Linn  
Scott William
on 8/17/09 4:22 am
Way to go Rob.  Running on the beach always seems to hurt my back.  Glad you enjoyed it.  Welcome back.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
panhead58fl
on 8/17/09 1:49 pm - Barboursville, WV
outstanding Rob. You are a machine.

pan head
Cassie W.
on 8/18/09 12:04 pm
Wow Rob, you're really adding variety to your many events.   I would have been so tempted to kick off my shoes for the beach run (and paid the price on the boardwalk).

Glad to see you're still having fun!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kevin A.
on 8/18/09 12:56 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Good to see you Rob!! Glad to know your still active!! With all your events you don't have time for Fantasy Football!!

Take Care!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active