And the winner is...

playwithzoe
on 8/13/09 4:49 am
A 2009 Specialized Dolce Comp Compact!  www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp in the silver/blue.

With a lots of begging and pleading I got my local bike shop to sell it to me for $1,400.00 which is a great deal, it sports a fair amount of carbon where needed and Shimano 105 components.  Sadly it's coming from the Specialized warehouse out west and won't get here until next week so I'll have to do the tri this weekend on my hybrid.

Whew that decision was killing me.  I went from thinking I'd spend $500 on a road bike to 1,400...just as everyone said I would and should do.  I better love this bike for a long long time!

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Seht
on 8/13/09 5:56 am
Woo-Hoo,,,, happy days.  I'm sure you will enjoy your new bike.

congrats!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

dhr
on 8/13/09 8:09 am
I have the same bike and I love it! Used it in my first triathlon two weeks ago.  Then bought both my daughters this bike so that they could prepare for a tri.  Hope you like it!
Markrb
on 8/13/09 12:21 pm - MA
Congrats on your new bike, I'm sure you'll love it once you get out there for some rides. I had some serious buyers remorse after spending $2400 on a bicycle, but once I took it out for a couple of rides, the remorse is long gone.

I did my first tri on a demo bike which led to the purchase. You could look around for some bike shops that have demo bikes.  Some places will let you take a demo for the weekend. Best of luck on the upcoming tri.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

playwithzoe
on 8/13/09 12:51 pm, edited 8/13/09 12:56 pm
I did ask if they had a demo bike for me to use, in fact asked several bike shops and all they had if anything were men's sizes.  Oh well.  I've barely worked out this week because I just adopted a new 9 week old puppy and he's a pistol and keeping me busy so this weekends tri is a total "C" race.  I'm planning another in Sept. for a "B" race and my final for the season in Oct. will be my "A" race.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Most Active