hydration belts - what do you like

abgisme
on 8/12/09 10:32 am
I have a Nathan hydration belt which holds one 20oz bottle in the back.  I really like it.  It has never bothered me.  However, I could really use something that holds more than 20oz.  I have seen at the belts that hold multiple 8 or 10oz bottles but am not sure if I would like them.  Hello - then I would have to remember which little bottle was full and which was empty.  I have also seen the ones that hold 2 of the larger bottle but am not sure if I would like all that weight on my back.  I am not interested in backpack style hydration.

Anyway, if you use a hydration belt, which kind, do you like it, and if so, what do you like about it?

Ashley
Duane1064
on 8/12/09 12:26 pm - Bloomington, IN
 I have two of the types that hold the two larger bottles with a fanny type pack in between.  Neither my wife nor I really like to wear them.  They do add a good amount of weight to your lower back.  It's also hard to keep the belt in place.  It always wants to slide down.  Maybe I need to wear a pair of suspenders!!!  Wouldn't that be a sight.  Really I think the type we have is more suited for hiking or something along those lines.
Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
saxman007
on 8/12/09 1:33 pm - Port Huron, MI
I have a 4 flask Fuel Belt (32 oz) and would like something bigger.  I do drink lots of fluid and during my last HIM around mile 9 I started having the aid stations fill 2-3 of my flasks with Gatorade + drinking 2 cups per station and was still coming up empty.  Personally I'd like something that could carry 40+ oz on it.  Maybe what I'm looking for is a camelback (or just to morph into a camel with a huge bladder on my back for long exercises).  Didn't see anything much different at the HIM expo.  I've got another one in a month so maybe I can find one there.  If not I'm doing the Detroit and NYC marathons so hopefully I'll find something there.  If I don't find it between those two places they don't make what I want and I'll know to buy a camelback
Seht
on 8/12/09 1:36 pm
Mine is from Lava Hy-trition.com
it has a large spot for a bottle or bike bottle type container, it is adjustable and has a sinch cord.
It also has 2 flask holders for gell or nutrition bottles, as wel as 2 mesh pockets for gel packets or keys, I.d. etc.  In addition to that I added a little velcro pouch to it for sports beans or more gels, cell phone or anything like that I might want to carry.

I will use it on longer runs, but the weight of a bottle in there really is noticeable.  I have used it more on my bike than I have running.  When I run I like to carry a water bottle, and a rag for wiping the sweat out of my eyes.

Lately I have been wearing it just to get used to the way it feels.  I may end up going with a flask that has a carry strap with a pouch on it for a key or some gels.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 8/12/09 1:39 pm
I have the same one that you have.  I don't like it.  It puts too much pressure on my intestines which causes distress.  What I have done for my last two marathons is just carry an 8 oz gatorade bottle and fill it at the aid stations.  When I do my long runs, I leave water along the route and pick up the empties after.  I think a camelback is what I really need.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Duane1064
on 8/12/09 8:33 pm - Bloomington, IN
I bought a Camel Back a couple of weeks ago at MC Sports.  They had them on sale for 25% off.  I bought the one with the larger bladder.  I thought that I'd use it mainly for bike riding but I'll have to try running/walking with it and let you know.  I have not used it for anything yet.
Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Seht
on 8/13/09 2:48 pm
I just bought one of these today.  Took it out for the innagural run.
I like it.  Especially the little strap/pouch.  can carry a gel or two, my house key etc.
Plus the strap hangs on to you instead of you hanging on to it.  I felt comfortable running open handed with no fear of dropping the bottle.

http://www.amphipod.com/385/385.html

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

levittown_loser
on 8/16/09 1:31 am - Levittown, PA

I have the Amphipod RunLite 4.  I love it because it's modular.    It starts with 4 8oz. bottles and a pouch.   You can change the direction of the bottles to be upright or sideways.  I like my front bottles sideways and back bottles upright.   I also changed 2 of the 8oz bottles (the back ones) to 10.5oz bottles.  Same clips and all.   So I have 37oz of fluid on board.   I can keep my gels and endurolyes in the pouch.

Amphipod RunLite 4 Hydration Belt

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

MacMadame
on 8/16/09 6:08 am - Northern, CA
Hijack: love the new avatar!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

abgisme
on 8/17/09 6:32 am
Thanks, Marie!  Yep, now everyone can see what I really look like.
Most Active