Anyone using an Aero Helmet

Sherry_Berry
on 8/15/09 4:06 am - Dacula, GA
It's only really huge if you think you've got a shot at hardware.

If they only made aero helmets more air conditioned...
Seht
on 8/15/09 6:33 am
There is a new one that is air/water cooled.
Lazer makes it.  It is called the Tardiz there is a picture and a video on this site
http://www.glorycycles.com/latatthe.html

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Seht
on 8/15/09 6:28 am
Hardware or not coming in dead last.
If it meant the difference in coming in last or next to last it be worth it to me ;-)

Scott

Sherry_Berry
on 8/15/09 11:13 am - Dacula, GA
If you have the extra $ then spend it...I'd rather spend my $ on other stuff.
Seht
on 8/15/09 12:54 pm
Not planning on spending my money on it at this time.  It's going on the birthday/Christmas wish list.  It's the kind of thing I like for those presents.  It's something I want, but not willing to save up to get one, and it's not the kind of thing I'd just go out and put on the credit card.

But, except for a new bike(which already has the purchase plan in place), I don't really need anything else.
I just got a couple pairs of swim trunks, I just bought a 1 piece tri suit, I have my wetsuit, goggles, etc etc etc.

I wouldn't mind getting body fat testing or metabolic testing, but those fall into the same category as the helmet for me.

I might pay for some swim lessons, it's kind of hard to expect Sheldon to teach me to swim when he can't see what I'm doing wrong.  I might be doing thousands of yards of swimming and doing them all wrong.  Just reinforcing bad habbits.  So paying for some eyes and ears locally a couple times might be a good idea.

Scott

MacMadame
on 8/15/09 4:56 pm - Northern, CA
Yes, it's definitely present material!

People are telling me I don't need stuff I want to spend my birthday money on and my response is... um, that's the point!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Sherry_Berry
on 8/15/09 11:53 pm - Dacula, GA
Scott-metobolic testing IS useful:) But...not as fun as spending money on toys!

Also-swim lessons...they'll help. Does Eric know of any good coaches out your way? Sheldon's workouts are good, but if you're swimming wrong they won't help much:)

I may get a new helmet for my b-day next year...just one that's lighter/more air conditioned. Maybe some new tri shoes. Mine are 3 years old and smell of death.
saxman007
on 8/16/09 4:58 pm - Port Huron, MI
Great, now I hear the dork equipment doesn't really help me, lol. I found myself in a great position at the start of last year that gave me extra ca**** was either spend it on tri-stuff or go climb a mountain (literally!!!! Still one of my goals). I decided to jump in and not really lust after anyones equipment. I don't regret any purchase, but each one becomes a bigger reminder that I better keep working that engine to 'earn' that which I already own. If you have the &
$$ or a wish list I do believe wheels/helmet help. For me I see roughly a 1.5-2 mph difference with them in a sprint race. Worth the $$$ who knows, for me yes.
Seht
on 8/16/09 11:34 pm
I saw that same kind of difference when I went to some real cycling shoes instead of my running shoes.  Being able to clip in and get power on the upstroke made a couple mph difference.

Scott

Most Active