Wednesday's Workout!

Scott William
on 8/11/09 11:46 pm, edited 8/11/09 11:47 pm
I did another 3.1 run today and it was much better that my last two runs.  I did take one walk break to catch my breath at the 2 mile mark and I did stagger home but it was still a marked improvement.  8 1/2 weeks to my half and I am up to 3 miles.  Not good.  I may have to alter the goal and try for a 10K PR in the fall and maybe give a nice solid effort for the half.

How'd you do?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MaryS
on 8/12/09 1:15 am - Long Island, NY
I ran for 40 minutes this morning - it was great to get out there. I am working hard to get in more running. I am finding it hard to manage the demands of work, a new house (still unpacking) and getting in as much running as I'd like!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

beckipoohbear
on 8/12/09 2:11 am - AZ
Completed my longest run yet, run 30 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 30 minutes.  Went 4.7 miles so that is just under a 13 minute mile pace which I am thrilled about!  I would have made it 5 miles I think but the last 5 minute**** me hard and I majorly slowed down.  Otherwise, a fantastic run this morning.  I have a 40 minute water aerobics class planned for after work.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

MacMadame
on 8/12/09 6:22 am - Northern, CA
Quads still bothering me from my race on Sunday so I only did upper body and core when I worked out with my trainer this morning.

I am going to try to fit in my swim session before a party this evening. I guess we'll see what happens.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MacMadame
on 8/12/09 11:35 am - Northern, CA
What happened is that my 3 hours of sleep last night caught up with me and I went home. No swim, no party. I think I'll take a nap or maybe just go to bed.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 8/12/09 6:55 am
Rest day for me.  So I'm going to go walk around the local farmers market tonight.

I hear some fresh produce calling my name.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Vicki PNW
on 8/12/09 7:39 am
Day off work today.  Due to return tomorrow.  So no stair-climbing at work this time.

1 hour Group Active class utilizing 1/3 step, 1/3 free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on dreadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Serenity08
on 8/12/09 8:19 am - NH
 Just 25 minutes today walking on the treadmill today.  I had a fill and am on clear liquids so didn't have any oomph left in me to do more.  I hate clear liquids!

Scott William
on 8/12/09 1:26 pm
No such thing as, "just 25 minutes".  Be proud of your 25 minutes!!  :)
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Darrell H.
on 8/12/09 8:21 am - Sinton, TX
Speed day today. I started with a 10 minute warmup at 5.2 mph (yes on a treadmill, II joined Golds Gym, my new school district has a corporate account there and I am charged only $34 per month)
After the warmup I did 4 400 meter repeats at 7.4 mph. with 2 min rest in between. Last one was tough but it felt good especially on the treadmill, it allowed be to keep a constant pace. I kept it at 1% incline.

Completed the workout with a 10 min cool down walk at 4mph
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Most Active