first Brick workout

mcarthur01
on 8/11/09 12:56 am - Cumming, GA
My first sprint tri is a week from Saturday in Peachtree City GA, so i figured i needed to at least attempt ONE brick prior to the event.  i will probably put together a few more before the race, but today's went waaaay better than i expected.  i had been putting it off because, mentally, i didn't think i was up for it.  today i had it in my head that i was going to do it no matter what conditions.  I had to do the bike work in the gym on the stationary bike, but the run was outside in the early morning heat.

i started with a 42 minute weight workout (back, bi, shoulders), then moved to the bike, i pedaled a solid 45 minutes at above a rate of 100 RPM for exactly 16 miles.  i then moved outside for the run and felt great the entire time.  finished a 5K in 27:31:17 with splits of: 8:42, 8:51, and 9:03 (the run starts off down a big hill and ends running back up the big hill hence the faster start and slower finish).  i think all my work on the stairmaster and my long bike rides are really paying off.

thought i would share, i was pretty stoked about it and feel less nervous about my first tri coming up.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

abgisme
on 8/11/09 10:42 am
Congratulations on the great workout.  I look forward to reading the race report.
Ashley
Most Active