Run for the Grapes Report

Hawgman
on 8/10/09 9:29 am - TX
I went to northwest Arkansas to see family before school starts.  There was a 5K race in a little town that was have the summer time celebration.  I called my brother and he told me that his two sons, 17 and 14 were running in the race also.  Oldest son is garnering some interest from colleges to run for their track team.  His getting a 33 on the ACT helps as well.  Also my college room mate whom I haven't seen in years drove up from LR to the see the race and hang out for the day.  So I was pretty dang excited to have them and my sister and wife be there for the race.
The race itself was good not great.  Started out crowded and stayed that way.  I was able to run a good a 27:37 which is a good time but not a PR.  Oldest son came in 2nd to his coach and younger nephew won his age group.  Beating the old man, me, by 10 and 8 minutes respectively.

It was a good time and I enjoyed it, especially running with (behind) my nephews.

Thanks for everybody's continued support.

Darrell
Seht
on 8/10/09 9:59 am
Great Job Darrell,

Thats really cool getting to run with family.
I'm trying to get my 6 y/o interested.  They have lots of tri-4-kids events locally.
He loves to tell people my daddy does triathlons.  I hope his interest is peaking.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 8/10/09 11:19 am - Missoula, MT
Sounds like it was a lot of fun!  The only race I've done with family was a blast as well.  

Linn 
mcarthur01
on 8/11/09 3:13 am - Cumming, GA
agreed, i was able to run with my dad and sister earlier this summer, it really meant something extra to all of us.  great race!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/10/09 12:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active