Monday's workout!!!

Scott William
on 8/10/09 1:16 am
Barely made it through 3.1 miles this morning.  It will get better!

How about you?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Seht
on 8/10/09 1:54 am
I had 1:15:00 on the bike this morning, followed by a 20 minute run.
That bike to run transition is getting better.  I almost don't notice it like I used to.
I used to feel all rubber legged, now I can just start running.  It may be slow, but at least I don't feel like my legs are going to fall out from under me.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

beckipoohbear
on 8/10/09 2:43 am - AZ
I was supposed to run 30 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 30 minutes but I got 9 minutes in and had to turn around and sprint for home, if ya know what I mean.  First time that has ever happened to me .  I was going to head out again after that but my ankle was really hurting so I decided the run just wasn't in the cards for me today.  I will go to water aerobics after work and then we'll try again tomorrow!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Scott William
on 8/10/09 3:00 am
You are correct.  Some days its just not meant to be.
Iambuddylee
on 8/10/09 5:42 am

Joined here not too long ago and I am just finding this forum. I had surgery back in Seopt '08 and as of Feb '09 I have been doing 2 a days atleast 5 times a week and at least 1 saturday workout and resting on Sunday's some time.

This mornings workout was at 5am as usual. I tend to stick to 1 hour of weight training and then move on to abdominal or oblique work then 15 mins on the recumbant bike, which today got me 3.75 miles. Then to fini**** off 15 mins in the sauena.

Later today I will be doing more cardio on the bike then hitting the pool for some water aerobics.

Jose

Linn D.
on 8/10/09 6:25 am - Missoula, MT
Welcome Jose!

Lots of good people and resources on this forum.  One thing to remember though, if you ask a question and no one answers, it means that no one has a good answer.  It's never personal like that.  We all try hard to give the most correct info that we know of. 

Linn
Linn D.
on 8/10/09 6:31 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you Scott!  It WILL get better.

Four miles for me today.  Just for fun decided to start out at 6.9 and go up from there.  So...
6.9 for 15 minutes; 7.0 for 10 minutes; up to 7.1 until I got to 3.5 miles; 7.5 & 8.0 for the last half mile.  Finished the 4 in 34:04.

Followed that up with 1000 yd swim (25 minutes).  Got that tri this weekend, ya know.

Linn
Waterwench
on 8/10/09 7:12 am - portland, OR
I took Sunday off, so today I ran for 4.16 miles on a hilly route. Ugh, my calves!!  

I think tomorrow I am going to go trail-running off the Terwilliger Curves, here in Portland. I've never tried it, but it looks like a lot of fun! I'm just a beginner, so I am not up to most of you guys' distance standards yet! I am hoping if I can make it to a year of regular running that I'll be able to train for the 2010 Portland marathon. Of course, my goal will be purely to FINI****I have no illusions about my speed (or lack thereof!)
Iambuddylee
on 8/10/09 8:37 am
So you guys are runners... I tried the treadmill when I first got back to working out and my hills paid for it. Not sure, but it seemed no matter what I did as far as walking (sidewalks ro treasmills) my hills would just hurt for weeks.

Thats when I said I am hitting the bike. Maybe one day I can get to the running.
Linn D.
on 8/10/09 11:43 am - Missoula, MT
People do lots of things here.  Some are dancers, others have done lots of yoga, some do triathlons, lots also run.  Exercise of any sort is great, and we're just here to support each other in our respective endeavors.

Linn 
Most Active