Sunday Workouts

Duane1064
on 8/8/09 11:45 pm - Bloomington, IN
 My wife and I got on the trail at 7:45am before it got too hot and humid.  There is a heat advisory for our region of the state starting at 11:00am.  We did 5 miles.  We started training for our first half-marathon today.  We must be able to do 15 minute miles for the first 7 miles.  We've got a little work to do on that but I think we can make it by Nov. 7th.  Nobody said it would be easy.
Duane
Seht
on 8/9/09 12:59 am
6 mile run this morning.  Hardest 6 miles yet.  I never hit my groove, wanted to quit after the first mile.  My knees are sore now after running.  I have never had sore knees before.  I may hit the pool this afternoon for some laps. 

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 8/9/09 9:03 am
Ran 16 miles at average 10:29 pace with only two brief walk breaks.  No rain this week, just humidity.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Duane1064
on 8/9/09 9:53 am - Bloomington, IN
 16 miles....that's awesome!!!!  The most that I ever ran at one time was 6 miles.  Hopefully I will shatter that record sometime within this next year.
Duane
Jack52
on 8/9/09 9:52 am
I'm new here and will have lapband before the end of the year. I'm 56 and work out daily. It (my gym) is the only place I can go and find peace from a difficult time in my marriage. I generally like to get up early (4AM) and be at the gym when it opens at 5:30. I get ten miles on a stationary bike(24 minutes) and then cool down with some stretches and shoot the bull with some compadres over coffee at a bagel shop. Then I go home and walk the Labradors a few miles three days a week weather permitting. I'm addicted to the feeling of working out and can't wait to shed this weight and start looking better.
Duane1064
on 8/9/09 10:07 am - Bloomington, IN
 Welcome, a great bunch of folks here.  I too like early morning workouts.  It gets the day started off right and it gives you a lot of energy for the rest of the day.  
MaryS
on 8/9/09 11:20 pm - Long Island, NY
I did a 40 min run. I went out to do 30 min but I got lost in the new neighborhood so I ended up doing 40 - LOL!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

mcarthur01
on 8/10/09 4:54 am - Cumming, GA
did my longest bike ride to date, just under 70 miles (69 and change), it took me 4 hours and 4 minutes to complete.  the ride was great overall, with the exception that it was about 30 minutes too long.  at 3:30 into the ride, my legs gave out, i couldn't get any power out of them and they BURNED.  Bad.  energy was ok, i probably needed more hydration (only had about 80 oz of poweraide zero on the ride in aggregate), but didn't feel i hit the energy wall per se, unless this was just a manifestation of the wall (which is entirely possible).  no nutrition on the ride either, not sure if i should encorporate gels etc on long rides or not.

the 70 miles was all hills in n. ga, according to the mapping site veloroutes.org the total elevation was 5100 ft.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active