IT Band??

Michelle B.
on 8/4/09 8:45 pm - Augusta, ME
Where on your knee would one feel it if they had IT band issues?

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Linn D.
on 8/5/09 12:27 am - Missoula, MT
When my IT band gives me problems, it's generally on the outside of the knee.  The muscle/tendon goes from the top of the tibia (shin bone) around the knee to the ilium.  I put my anatomy text away or I'd look up the actual muscle name for you.

Linn 
Michelle B.
on 8/5/09 12:59 am - Augusta, ME
Okay I do not think that is my issue.  Whenever I cycle I get pain on along the inside of my knee cap.  And then it is sore for days.  Running does not seem to make it worse.  I just stop cycling and then it gets better.  And I was fit for my bike at the bike shop I bought it at so I don't think that is the issue.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/5/09 3:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
While the bike may fit properly, your knee pain while cycling, especially on the inside of the knee might be a simple matter of adjusting your Cleet on the bottom of your shoe. Are you a bit "Pidgeon Toed" while riding? My guess is your toes are pointed a bit to the outside if you are getting interior knee pain while riding, also your seat might be too low. My two cents.....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Michelle B.
on 8/5/09 8:43 pm - Augusta, ME
Thanks I will try adjusting my cleat.  My right foot does go outward even when I run and that is the knee that hurts. 

Most Active