Monday's Workout

Teri S.
on 8/3/09 4:12 am, edited 8/3/09 4:12 am - Southeastern, IN
Didn't see one already started so thought I would kick it off!!

Today I did Week 3 Day 1 of C25K.

It felt awesome!! I was really nervous about running 3 mins straight, but it felt great. Can't wait until Wednesday!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Teri
Linn D.
on 8/3/09 5:27 am, edited 8/3/09 5:28 am - Missoula, MT
Since I took a rest day yesterday and won't be able to do much over the coming weekend (hubby's 30th HS reunion), I thought I'd do both a run and a swim.

Run: 4 miles mile 1 @ 6.8; mile 2 @ 6.9 mile 3 @ 7.0; mile 4: .2 miles @ 7.1, .5 miles @ 7.5, .3 miles @ 8.0.  Total run time: 34:07.  Oh, and NO potty stops!

Swim: 1000 yd in 26 minutes.  Pretty happy with that since I was tired to start with.  On a good note, one of the trainers at the gym complimented me on my stroke.  That made me feel good since the swim is my weak tri event.

Linn
mcarthur01
on 8/3/09 5:43 am - Cumming, GA
did 50 minutes of weights followed by 65 minutes on the stairmaster (315 floors), finished with 17 minutes of soft pedal on the stationary bike for a warm-down....

i'm on a business trip in Indianapolis, so i'll try to make it out for a longish run in the AM.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Teri S.
on 8/3/09 5:47 am - Southeastern, IN
You are coming to my neck of the woods! Have fun in Indy!

Teri
Duane1064
on 8/3/09 8:58 am - Bloomington, IN
 If you get the chance go take a run in Eagle Creek Park.  It's a great place to run.  It's off I-465 and 56th st. on the northwest side of Indy.  The Indianapolis Colts Complex is right across the street.
Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Seht
on 8/3/09 5:46 am
50 minutes on the bike alternating some spinning and some climbing
45 minutes of weights working upper and lower body.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Jenni123
on 8/3/09 9:26 am - orlando, FL
 My muscles were pretty sore today after Zumba on Saturday and my two miles on the treadmill on Sunday I almost didn't go to the gym.  There was a strength training class I wanted to try.  Well I convinced myself to go and I am glad I did as it was not to tough on my leg muscles.  It was an hour long of some hand weights, stretching exercises, push ups, sit ups, etc.  It was great for actually stretching my muscles and loosening them up some and I did get my heart rate up.  Tomorrow is a rest day for me. 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/3/09 9:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
3000M swim Broken down:

800M warmup.... 200M swim - 200M Pull - 200M Kick - 200M Swim

Main Set: 8 x 200M on 3:30's (Averaged 3:01 p/ 200M)

Cool Down: 200M Kick - 200M Pull - 200M Swim

Have a good one everyone....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Elisa K.
on 8/3/09 10:21 am - Lumberton, NJ
Went out for a 6 mile run.  I was still sore from my 9 mile run on Saturday, and surfing lessons on Sunday.  My thighs are screaming right now!!
Serenity08
on 8/3/09 10:26 am - NH
 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of walking.

Serenity

Most Active