Sunday workouts

Cassie W.
on 8/2/09 5:54 am
I'll get the Sunday workout thread started today . . .

I ran 20 miles in the rain after running 9.3 miles Saturday.  The training plan I'm following for my fall marathon is giving me plenty of opportunities to run long.  I've still got a 21 and 23 miler ahead of me over the next 9 weeks.  Hopefully, running 40-45 mile weeks will get me closer to my time goals.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 8/2/09 7:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
I did a RARE Sunday workout.... I usually reserve Sundays for Church, Family, and Rest, however my weekend training plan was foiled due to thunder and rain yesterday, so....

I went for a 38 mile ride in 1:58:33   then "bricked" for 20 minutes...  Nothing crazy, just smooth base ride. Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Serenity08
on 8/2/09 7:42 am - NH
 I walked 60 minutes this morning - 3 miles - so a slow pace for me.  I was walking with a friend who is only two weeks post op.

This afternoon - I mostly walked the first half of the half marathon course I'm going to do in 13 weeks.  So another 6 miles in 90 minutes - keeping it to a 15 minute/mile walking pace.  I did run here or there, but not much running.  Today was more to get to know the course.
Serenity

Elisa K.
on 8/2/09 7:58 am - Lumberton, NJ
I took a 2 hour surfing lesson today.  Wow - surfing is pretty hard - LOL!!  I am not quite sure if I liked it or not.  I think I am going to take another lesson, then decide.  I will say, surfing is a great workout!!
Duane1064
on 8/2/09 8:13 am - Bloomington, IN
 I did ten miles on my mountain bike...on a paved path.  Did what I could with the time that I had.
Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
mcarthur01
on 8/2/09 9:26 am - Cumming, GA
did a 53.9 mile ride in 3 hours and a minute (av pace of 17.8 MPH), on rolling rolling rolling hills of North GA (did i mention that there are rolling hills in N GA? :) )... bike route mapped on this cool (FREE!) tool here: http://veloroutes.org/bikemaps/?route=37537
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Jenni123
on 8/2/09 10:01 am - orlando, FL
 Took my son to the pool this morning and I was able to swim a few laps.  Then hubby decided later he wanted to go back to the Y so I got 2 miles in on the treadmill.  I worked out 5 times this week.  That is the most I have worked out since surgery.  It has typically only been 3-4 times a week.  I am proud of myself.  I am going to try a new Muscle Conditioning class tomorrow night at the Y.
Linn D.
on 8/2/09 10:58 am - Missoula, MT
Rest day today.  Spent some time in the river on tubes with hubby.  Lots of fun.

Linn 
Markrb
on 8/2/09 11:47 am - MA
I did an hour kick boxing class and then we took the dogs out for a 3.5 mile walk.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Seht
on 8/2/09 12:16 pm
8 mile run today.
waiting to see what tomorrow has in store.  Coach hasn't posted my workout yet.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active