Friday Workouts

mcarthur01
on 7/31/09 1:14 am - Cumming, GA
did 55 minutes of weights (legs/core), then went on my longest run yet, did 8 miles in 1:17:56 (9:44 pace), 4 of those miles were in the rain and my freaking running shorts started to fall off due to all the water!

good luck all with your races this weekend!!!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

MacMadame
on 7/31/09 2:25 am - Northern, CA
I'm trying to make myself go out and run... maybe if I put it here, I'll be forced too.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MacMadame
on 7/31/09 3:48 am - Northern, CA
Well, it worked. Did 3.66 miles in about 35 min.

Teri S.
on 7/31/09 3:47 am - Southeastern, IN
Oh no  - on the shorts falling off!!! That would have been an interesting run!

I completed Day 3 of Week 2 - C25K....I'm definitely ready to continue next week on week 3 and really looking forward to it.

I also found out that my workplace lets the employees that exercise at lunch take an hour and a half instead of an hour, and provides showers.  Worked here for almost 13 years and never knew that!! I'm really, really happy about this!

Hope everyone has an awesome workout!

Teri

Teri
Markrb
on 7/31/09 5:03 am - MA
I started out on a 20 mile bike ride, but the skies opened up and decided to turn around after only a couple of miles. Lifted weights for about 45 minutes. After work I plan on taking a spin class, followed by a kick boxing class to make up for the lost bike ride. Hopefully it stops raining for the weekend.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Serenity08
on 7/31/09 10:53 am - NH
 I'm very proud of myself today!  I warmed up for 5 minutes and then I ran (the whole time) at a 4.5mph speed - which was comfortable for my short legs - for 55 minutes!!!!  A little over 4 miles.  I cooled down for 5 minutes. 

I am so psyched!  I probably could have run longer if I had pushed myself but since this was my longest straight run, I figured I better not push my luck too much.  I have 13 weeks to the half marathon I signed up for so I will try and increase this a mile each week.

Serenity

MacMadame
on 7/31/09 1:37 pm - Northern, CA
Sounds like you will be ready!

I'm a bit nervous about mine because I am still have problems with gas and cramps when I run for a while.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/31/09 12:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
4000M swim straight timed in 1:08:37 ....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 7/31/09 12:47 pm - Missoula, MT
Mine was a swim day.  1400 yd somewhere around 35 minutes.  Forgot to look at the clock when I started, but it seems about right for this slowpoke.

Linn 
Michelle B.
on 8/1/09 4:12 am - Augusta, ME
I did some speed drills my running coach gave me to do during a 3 mile run.  I actually did  the whole work out.  I think I am getting much stronger with the running.

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Most Active