how has running impact your weight loss

jadelyn
on 7/30/09 9:57 am - DE

Hello all.... I am new to running just started running about a month or so ago and has worked my way up to running for 1 mile without stopping.  My question is I am 25lbs away from my goal weight and was wondering how has running impact your weight loss. 

Jade

Cassie W.
on 7/30/09 11:16 am
Jade,

Running helped me lose my last 20 pounds over the course of 4 months as I trained to run a 15K.  More importantly, running  helps me keep the weight off.

Welcome to the fitness boards and congratulation on developing an active lifestyle.  It really is the key to long-term success.

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 7/30/09 12:09 pm - Missoula, MT
Jade,

It took running for me to lose my last 20-25 pounds.  While I was doing the walk to jog program I didn't really lose much, but as soon as I was able to run 3-5 miles at a time the pounds slowly shed.  I agree with Cassie about running being the main thing that helps me keep the weight off.

Linn 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/30/09 1:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Running has had a far greater impact on my life than just my weight. The moment I finished my first marathon something "clicked" inside of me and gave me the confidence I needed to know that I can do whatever I put my mind to doing. Running allows time for quiet thought, running can push you to your limits, running will help you lose / maintain a good weight coupled with a balanced diet, running can give you the confidence to push yourself to new limits. Best of luck
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 7/30/09 4:51 pm - Northern, CA
Running has sculpted my body so that, even though I weigh more than I did in HS, I am actually smaller.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

jadelyn
on 7/30/09 10:00 pm - DE
Wow guys thanks.... I can't wait to see and feel the benefits of running you all experience. 

Thanks, Jade
Seht
on 7/30/09 11:24 pm
initially my weight loss stalled when I started running.  I was a lot hungrier in the beginning after my workouts.  That subsided and then started dropping again.  Now I'm sure it's the reason I maintain my weight.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 7/30/09 11:56 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Running has helped me drop the last few pounds, but more importantly, it is helping me keep the weight off. 
Most Active