My butt hurts

Jenni123
on 7/29/09 9:15 am - orlando, FL
 Really I think it is my sciatica nerve.  Monday I pushed myself pretty hard and did weight training and ran/walked 2 miles in just under 34 minutes which was a record for me.  Yesterday went back to the gym and did arms but could only do a mile on the treadmill and it took me a little over 17 minutes.  My knee bothering me a bit but my butt hurt alot.  Today was a rest day and my knee is fint but my sciatica nerve is still bothering me.  Will I be able to do Zumba tomorrow?  Is my body telling me to back off.  I don't want to trying to stick with my 4-5 days a week at the gym.  I plan on swimming some laps Friday night and probably Zumba again on Saturday.  I will not run/walk again until Monday.  Is there anything I can do to feel a little better? 
Linn D.
on 7/29/09 10:57 am - Missoula, MT
If it truly is sciatica, then the best bet would be ice and NSAIDS.  The pain is often from swelling that impinges in the nerves.  If it doesn't clear up soon, you should definitely get it checked out.

Linn 
Jenni123
on 7/29/09 11:13 am - orlando, FL
 I will put ice on it tonight.  If it is not better by the weekend I will take a muscle relaxer.  I am still planning to try and go to Zumba tomorrow. 
Most Active