Running mad

Seht
on 7/28/09 1:53 pm
 I was irritated with my late start tonight, it just messed with the schedule in my head, and made me not want to run at all.  I was all *****y and just wanted to say F*&^ it, sit down with some food and chow.

I managed to drag myself out of the house and set a PR for myself.  I'm no speed demon, but I'll take any improvement I can get. I did my 3.5 mile scheduled run in 35:48 that's 1:41 faster than I have ever done it before.

I usually mumble along between 10-12 minute miles.  I guess I just need to run mad more often.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 7/28/09 4:47 pm - Northern, CA
Whatever works!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mcarthur01
on 7/29/09 12:09 am - Cumming, GA
lol... when i'm running (or working out mad) it's usually about work, if that works for ya, then have somebody slap you around right before your next race!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

saxman007
on 7/29/09 12:59 am - Port Huron, MI
 One of the guys I normally run with had a really bad day at the office.  He normally will run 3-4 miles and about a 9:30 pace, well that day we ran a little over  miles at around 8:40 paces and managed to talk the whole time!  God I was tired -- he felt relieved to have gotten the stress out, lol.  
Glad to hear you had a good run
wjoegreen
on 7/29/09 4:30 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Maybe the anger and frustration was a distraction from thinking about how far or fast you were running or how tired you might have felt an you kinda zoned out?  I love when that happens.
Congrats on a goood run and better time.  I had a new PR today too. 
Maybe its the biorythyms?
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active