New Ways of Losing?

Seaprincess77
on 7/29/09 1:12 am

Hi,
My challenge that I have been facing for 10 years is the in ability to lose weight around my core, i have a nice "layer" of "Joy" around the middle and in my back.  I have been a professional ballroom dancer for 10 years, I am an active person, however I am locked into the same darn size. I have changed my eating practices. Not excercised more then my activities. Exercised more then my activities. I eat balanced meals.

I am a bit frustrated. I understand that muscle weighs more then fat, so I am not looking at the scale, I am looking at how my close fit and my measurements.

I am a size 12 or Large comfortably.

Any suggestions?

I mix up my routine as well. Dance, Aerial, Elliptical, jogging, yoga... etc...

wjoegreen
on 7/29/09 4:50 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Just my 2 cents,..I'm not female and I'm not a dancer or a professional athelete.  But I have 3 daughters and they dance so I understand the exercise you can get from that in addition to the other stuff you mentioned you do.

So with all that lead in,...I would recommend trying to focus on some abdominal focused work to hone in on the waistline and the baggage area you are concerned with; if I understood you correctly. 

I have the same issue and have not had any plastic surgery to remove anything but  gotten down to a 40 waist with jogging.  I had to stop due to an injury and put on some weight and went back up to a 44, and it was tight before I statrted correcting my diet.  Then I  was able to get back to jogging again.  The distance and all is coming back but the waist hasn't changed proportionately yet.  I also recently realized I was doing ab dips, crunches and leg lifts before and I am not doing them now and need to reincorporate them to tighten the stomach and lower front flabby pouch ab area.  I think tha is what was making the difference the first time around.

I feel your pain and hope I've offered something that might be of assistance.  Your mileage may vary.

Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Linn D.
on 7/29/09 9:11 am - Missoula, MT
I also have the most difficulty losing around the waist, and this is what I can tell you was my experience.

I lost most of my weight before really starting an exercise program.  I was afraid it would hurt and I'd need yet another knee surgery.  Anyway, I started a walk to jog program.  I saw fitness progress, but nothing else for probably 2-3 months.  After that, I started more fat loss around the middle.  Each of us has that one tough spot, and I think the only way to really lose it is to continue with the overall fat loss doing lots of extra calorie burning cardio exercises.

Just my penny's worth, but that was my experience.  Any time I put any weight back on, it's always around the middle and I have to get back to more cardio work.

Linn
Most Active