Couch to 5K - And new to this board!

Teri S.
on 7/27/09 2:43 am - Southeastern, IN
I usually post only to the lap band board, but thought I would come over here...and I'm absolutely amazed and some of the accomplishments on here! I almost didn't post because I feel as though I'm a wimp compared to some of you!!

Anyway...I started the Couch to 5K a few weeks ago...I'm on Wk 3 Day 1 today, just thought I would see if anyone else was doing this program. I have always wanted to say I could run, so when I heard about this program I got very excited!!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Teri

Teri
wjoegreen
on 7/27/09 3:47 am, edited 7/27/09 3:47 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Don't be intimidated, we all started just like you. 

I use these good folks out here to keep me motivated,....kinda like a weigh****chers accountability meeting.  We all check in with each other and share our successes, failures, issues,... and whine some too.  We especially ask and give advice to each other.

You just jump in here anywhere and join in the fun. Keep improving.  The response of your body toning and tightening is an amzazing transformation to behold.  And for every bit of pushing yourself and struggle to go alittle farther or a little faster or conquer doing something new is a very minor price for every compliment you will get for how great you look and how much energy you seem to have.

Its a good place to keep tabs on.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Hawgman
on 7/27/09 4:19 am - TX
Welcome, Teri.

This is a good bunch of guys and girls.  Some of which are doing truly remarkable things.
I find inspiration in all of them.

Jump on in where you feel comfortable.  Don't be afraid to ask anything.

Darrell
Seht
on 7/27/09 7:01 am
I did this program and it worked.
I was very happy with it.

Since then I haven't made a lot of progress, but it certainly did get me to my first 5k without stopping.

Welcome to the board.  You will find that there are a lot of people here of different levels of fitness and intensity.  Don't be afraid to post, there is a lot of good info to be shared.  Besides everyone likes to hear success stories no matter how big or small.
Today it is week 3, after you finish the C25k program it will be marathons.

Congrats on taking on the program.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 7/27/09 7:19 am - Missoula, MT
Good for you Teri!

Like everyone said, we all started from the beginning just like you're doing.  Congrats on taking that step and keeping with it for the 2 weeks you have so far!

Keep up the good work and we're always happy to hear about the little things...

Linn 
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/27/09 8:15 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Teri,

Welcome to the board and thank you for posting! C 2 5k is a great program, you will do great. Stick around, chime in everyday on your workouts and don't be a stranger! Congrats on your success so far, it only gets better from here!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 7/27/09 10:58 am - Port Huron, MI
 Most of us started with C25K!!!  I still remember the first time I tried to run -- got 100 yards on the track and thought I was going to DIE!!!  By the way, this was late at night with absolutely nobody around to see me -- now I'm out doing races and loving to run.
It doesn't matter if you're completing an ironman in 10 hours or your first 5k in an hour -- they're all great achievements!  Keep us posted on your workouts and most importantly after that 5k write up a report and share it with us and others!
--Dan
Darrell H.
on 7/27/09 11:02 am - Sinton, TX
Teri, welcome to the greatest and most inspirational board on OH. These guys and gals are awesome. Their inspiration and stories really help me in my journey. I started out with Couch to 5K and I reccomend it to all wanting to run. It is a great program Keep up the good work and always remember to Dare Greatly!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Cassie W.
on 7/27/09 11:17 am
Hi Teri,

I just wanted to add my welcome to the Exercise and Fitness Boards.  Like the others here, I started with baby steps, running one minute out of a 15 minute walk and slowly building up to the point where I could run a 5K.   I found it so addicting that I just kept reaching for the next adventure.

Post often and celebrate those milestones!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MacMadame
on 7/27/09 2:15 pm - Northern, CA
I never would have become a runner without this program. It really works!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active