Iron Girl Triathlon Report - pictures posted in profile

Linn D.
on 7/26/09 10:52 am - Missoula, MT
Great Job Cassie!

These dang things really are fun.  My next isn't for another 4 weeks, but I'm looking forward to it.

You really had a good race, and it sounds like you had fun as well.

Take Care!

Linn 
Cassie W.
on 7/27/09 3:14 am
Linn,

Going into the race, I thought this was going to be a bucket list event and I'd just return to running.  But, it was soooo much fun. I'm already searching for another one close by. Good luck with your tri next month!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

mcarthur01
on 7/26/09 11:49 pm - Cumming, GA
outstanding!!!  i can only wish to do so well in my first sprint tri next month...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Cassie W.
on 7/27/09 3:25 am
With all the miles you've been putting in on the bike, you're going to fly through the course!  Savor every mile of it!

Cassie

Darrell H.
on 7/27/09 12:53 am - Sinton, TX
Awesome job Cassie. Great report for a great race. My 1st OWS tri is Sunday and I am definately excited and uncertain at the same time. OWS is definately different than pool swimming as I have found out as of late, but with over 100 others in my wave, I will have to experience it to understand it. Congratulations. You are awesome!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Cassie W.
on 7/27/09 3:49 am
Darrell,

The swim went better than I ever expected.  During the course talk at the expo, the speaker advised us to just keep swimming.  It was such simple advise, but it worked when that uncertainty crept in.   Have a great race Sunday!

Oh, by the way, I did register for the Houston Marathon. I can't believe it sold out so quickly.

Cassie

Darrell H.
on 7/27/09 12:17 pm - Sinton, TX
Thanks, you are right it is simple advice, but that advice is what Daring Greatly is all about. Great news about Houston. It is nts the way it sold out so darn fast. I am looking forward to running in it an hopefully getting to visit with you. Take care and I will let you know how my swim goes after Sunday.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Rob S.
on 7/27/09 1:20 am - DE

Congratulations,
When you set your mind to do something, you get it done!  I wish I could swim, but maybe I'm just destined to be a land lubber at this stage of my life.  So when do you start training for the Ironman?
Rob

Cassie W.
on 7/27/09 4:29 am
Thanks Rob,

A Half Iron is tempting, but I wouldn't be able to put in the training time right now.  This school year will be busy with college road trips as my niece finalizes her plans for college.  I'll stick with sprint tris and marathons . . . for now.

Good luck with your duathlon next month.  My husband is like you and finds the swim boring.  He wishes there were more duathlons in our area.

Cassie

wjoegreen
on 7/27/09 4:20 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You strike awe in my heart.  You are incredible!
Thanks for sharing your success with us. Liike Rob, I don't know if I have any tris in my future but you guys have gotten me back on a bike in addition to trying to recover my running goals.

This is an excellent example of the the kinda stuff that keeps me motivated about working out regular and working to do more.  It just seems like yesterday you were struggling to overcome a hip injury to not miss a marathon and now you've done numerous, become a marathon trainer and now a sprint tri.  What a woman!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active