Newbie w/a ? for the ladies re: hanging apron & running

Noelle1026
on 7/24/09 10:55 am - West Islip, NY
Hi, I started my journey with a BMI over 50...I have lost over 100 lbs so far and have started a walk/run program.  I am hoping to run a 5k on Thanksgiving with my sister. 

Problem is that I have always carried alot of my weight in my stomach (3 kids and the high BMI definitely didn't help at all).  I have a large "hanging apron" that makes running difficult...

probably TMI but when I run, it bounces and you can hear it slapping....embarassing and a bit uncomfortable. 

Basically I am looking for suggestions on what kind of undergarment to wear to help alleviate the problem so I can kick up the exercise and get myself to do more running than walking.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.  I still have quite a bit to lose and I know if I can start running that will help my overall weight loss as well.

Thanks!
Noelle

Linn D.
on 7/24/09 1:28 pm - Missoula, MT
Noelle,

Many people use good compression garments both for upper and lower body.  I know of ladies who use under armour fitness-type shorts.  I also use tank tops with some compression and a shelf bra since I need 2 bras when I run.  The tops help with belly skin movement as well as a little added support for the 'girls'. 

You'll need to try on a few things before you find out what really works for you, but there is something out there for almost every need.  Hope you find what you're looking for.

Linn
MacMadame
on 7/24/09 1:47 pm - Northern, CA
I use the Under Armour compression shorts. They are fairly cheap compared to the racing compression gear.

I want to get a compression top because my mid section flaps on the bike and gets in the way but my sporting goods store doesn't carry my size. Pout.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Noelle1026
on 7/26/09 6:37 am - West Islip, NY
Thank you for your ideas. At least I have an idea of what to look for.  I am not giving up my plan to run on Thanksgiving. 

Noelle

Heather Hunnie
on 7/28/09 12:31 am - Sayville, NY
Hey, Noelle!

Can you tell me more about this run/walk group? Where, when? Open to all? I could be interested in this... =)

Let me know!

Hey, are you coming out Friday night to celebrate Maryellen's 3rd Surgiversary? I have the info if you need it!

Thanks!
Hugs, Heather =)
  Weight_Loss Blinkies  
                   *~*PROUD OH Support Group Leader*~*
           Join SCALE~Second Chance At Life Everyday~
Click HERE!
                  *Discount Codes: NY Conference MarloweNY11
         Blinkies Myspace Graphics - 15
Most Active