gaining 4 pounds? please help me

Amanda W.
on 7/23/09 12:59 am - Potosi, MO
I am halfway through the 30 Day Challenge from the Wii EA Active Fitness game by Bob Greene.  Is it normal that I have gained a few pounds during this?   My eating habits have not changed since starting.  Please help, I am afraid to gain any more, as I am still trying to reach goal.
Amanda

Darrell H.
on 7/23/09 1:53 am, edited 7/23/09 2:31 am - Sinton, TX
If you are eating the way you are supposed to and staying active, I wouldn't be to concerned about it. Affter my 1st tri last month I gained 13 pounds in 2 weeks. I freaked out about it. i was still training yet not quite as intense and was probably eating more than I should. Then all of a sudden, the weight started to disappear. Maybe I was retaining fluids or something, I just don't know, but that was last week and I got up to 233 and today I weigh 211. Go figure. My advice is dont worry about a number on a scale, but how you feel. If you are being active, and feeling good, then I would say you are doing great and definately on the right track!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Amanda W.
on 7/23/09 2:22 am - Potosi, MO
Thanks Darrell.   I am feeling good actually.   Proud of myself for sticking this far with the challenge, and looking forward to doing more.  Good news that you started losing after gaining for a bit, I'm hoping that happens here too!
Amanda

Linn D.
on 7/23/09 2:39 am - Missoula, MT
Be careful about worrying about the scale.  I weigh more often when I know I need to lose some, but not so much when I'm training hard. 

I'm 5 years out and have maintained pretty well over the years.  I use exercise as both a means of keeping the weight off as well as improving health and fitness.   I would say I vary up to 10# at times, but it's usually fluid and/or I catch the weight gain and take care of it right away.

If you're active and worrying more about fitness than the scale, it will all come together.

Linn
MacMadame
on 7/23/09 8:39 am - Northern, CA
If you track all your food so you *know* that you haven't changed your eating habits, then it's probably water weight.

If you don't track your food, it's easy to eat more in response to exercise and not even realize it! It's something our brains do to us subconsciously.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active