New to the board

jessie_rose24
on 7/24/09 1:18 am - Clarksville, TN
Hi all, I am new to this board but have been posting sporaticaly in the 20's board for a while. I am almost 5 months out and down 71#. I will try to remember to post my daily workouts here lol but I have a bad memory as it is so I might have to post multiple days in one post. I am planning on starting the Couch to 5K this weekend so we will see how that goes, I am not much of a runner and really dont care for it much but it's excercise so why not. I am really more of a weight's person and I like to row (indoor). Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

mcarthur01
on 7/24/09 1:29 am - Cumming, GA
welcome!  there are a ton of inspirational folks on this board, i really leverage it with my training and planning.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

jessie_rose24
on 7/24/09 1:34 am - Clarksville, TN
Thanks for the welcome I love that little quote at the end of your post lol too funny!

Michelle B.
on 7/24/09 2:22 am - Augusta, ME
welcome!  I was never a runner either and now I love it!!!  It is very addicting!

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Seht
on 7/24/09 5:34 am
Welcome!

I'm not much of a runner either, actually hate it, but I'm addicted to triathlons and I like riding my bike.  If I could just get them to do swim/bike duathlons around here, I'd be a happy camper.

Lots of people here to get good advice from.  Very inspirational people who are willing to help and pitch in their .02 worth of suggestions.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 7/24/09 6:29 am, edited 7/24/09 6:30 am - Missoula, MT
Always happy to welcome newbies to our fun little board.  There are quite a few who are long out from surgery and who STILL continue to move forward.  Lots of info and the ability to be accountable to yourself by posting.

Exercise and fitness are things that most people even in the general population don't quite get the importance of, so any way any of us can help, we're more than willing.  By the way, I didn't think I'd ever like running, but here I am.  Running and loving it!  It DOES take a while before it's fun, but if you can manage to keep with it, it's about the best thing around.

Linn
MacMadame
on 7/24/09 6:56 am - Northern, CA
I wasn't a runner either but I did the Couch-to-5K program and now I am. I love that program!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/24/09 8:56 am - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome to the board! We all try to post our workouts each day so please post and show us all what you have going. Again, welcome and best wishes for continued success on your journey...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jessie_rose24
on 7/24/09 9:02 am - Clarksville, TN
Thanks for the warm welcome, I will definetly try to remember to post my workouts each day Looking forward to talking with you all more!

saxman007
on 7/24/09 1:23 pm - Port Huron, MI
Welcome -- just a warning, most of us started where you are now and have become totally addicted to running and racing.  I love posting because it keeps me honest in what I'm doing.  I might want a day off but don't want to look like I've slacked off.  
We all go through hi's and lo's and it's a great group to help motivate each other to through their events!
--Dan
Most Active