Account for Tuesday; Workouts?

wjoegreen
on 7/21/09 4:17 am - Colonial Heights, VA
OK, I missed my workout Monday so I called it  a rest day after 3 workouts Sunday.  Enuff justification. 

I got a 4.2 mi jog in at lunch today.  Feeling Sunday in my thighs but I am seeing progress in my stamina and had to make a concious effort to slower my jogging pace a few times to try to jog farther before needing to walk a bit.  I started out with jog to walk interval of 10 to 1 min.  That degenerated over the distance to 8 to 1 then 6 to 2 and finally 4 to 1.  And the last mile was just jog till I couldn't, walk till I caught my breath, then jog some more and kicked the last 200 yds (which was more of a faster jog than sprint but much faster than I had been jogging).  I felt like the body was trying to go at my older pre-hip surgery faster jog pace and that excites me.

What have you got to share??
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Sherry_Berry
on 7/21/09 4:35 am - Dacula, GA
Good job Joe! No need to justify a rest day. Body needs rest :D I admire you for running during lunch.

Ok...I did a 2.25 mile walk. I plan to repeat it after dinner. Trying to up my milage w/o hurting myself or baby.
wjoegreen
on 7/21/09 5:15 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Congrats on baby, I didn't know.  Just went over your profile and photos.  Good stuff!
I can only fantasize about doing a 2.5 mile swim followed by a 112 mi bike and a 26.2 marathon.  A 14-16 hr work out.  That sounds like more fun than one person should be allowed.
I will endeavor to be content with improving my 6 mile jog, 10 mi bike, 2 mile walk into closer proximity ot one another and get better and faster.  I figure by the time I am say,...3 years out, maybe.  Do they have an old fogey category?
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
mcarthur01
on 7/21/09 9:34 am - Cumming, GA
rest day today...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

saxman007
on 7/21/09 10:55 am - Port Huron, MI
 2000 yards in the pool - 50 minutes.   Got a GREAT tip during the class -- such a simple thing really helped my breathing/stroke.  Felt absolutely great.  I'm sure it's mental on this one but after the cortisone shot this morning I really don't feel quit as tired.  Looking forward to a good race tomorrow and if I'm feeling good I should be able to get a nice ride in Thursday (potentially at least)
wjoegreen
on 7/21/09 1:29 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Good luck on your race Saxman!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
MacMadame
on 7/21/09 3:29 pm - Northern, CA
We did descending loops at "Track" to day. I actually managed to run every one faster than the next like I was supposed to. Yeah me!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

wjoegreen
on 7/22/09 12:00 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Whoa!  Now that is an awesome accomplishment.  Way to kick it up a notch!!!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Linn D.
on 7/21/09 3:30 pm - Missoula, MT
Early morning spin class for me.

Linn
wjoegreen
on 7/22/09 12:03 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Early and anything else,... you have my admiration.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active