Need to vent about idiot kid drivers!!!

Darrell H.
on 7/20/09 12:37 am - Sinton, TX
I had a great workout planned this morning. I was going to do a brick, 16 mile bike followed  by 3 mile run. After 11 miles on the bike, going back up a hill ( a by pass) on a pretty major highway although traffic wasnt to bad this morning, some kids apparantly threw a bunch of beer bottles into the concrete  guard rail barrier on the shoulder where I ride. Since the bottles were dark and the new road is very dark asphalt, I didn't see it till I was right up on it, and bam, front flat with no tubes or patch kits. (OK I know that is my stupidity and I am learning stuff all the time in this sport, usually the hard way). Why do people get a thrill out of busting beer bottles. I guess if those bottles are going to get picked up, I will have to do it. It is one of the only "hills" in the area that I can work on and traffic is usually way too busy for me to ride in the lane instead of the shoulder. Luckily I brought my phone and was able to walk about a mile before my wife picked me up. I will get my run in this evening.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
MacMadame
on 7/21/09 3:29 pm - Northern, CA
You know, i might not have been kids... Adults are morons too.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 7/24/09 5:54 am
Yes, stupidity knows no age boundaries.
I was riding the other day over a narrow overcrossing.  I hate doing it, and I avoid it whenever possible, but I had to go this way on that day.  I had someone drive up behind me, rev their engine and scream at me as they passed.  Nothing intelligible, just screamed.  Tried to make me flinch or swerve or crash. 

I try hard to be considerate of traffic, I hate it when cyclists are riding side by side and blocking a lane.  The only time you catch me doing that is when I'm passing someone.  Unfortunately there are too many impatient car drivers and too many inconsiderate cyclists.  It's like trying to mix oil and water.  Unfortunately the cyclist is going to lose those confrontations even if they are in the right.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active