Sunday workouts

mcarthur01
on 7/19/09 1:42 am - Cumming, GA
Did a 38.5 mile ride on some pretty nasty hills in North Georgia... av speed was 17.5 MPH.  the hills really humbled me (and hurt), i'm going to have to walk out some of the lactic acid later today if i expect to run tomorrow morning....

next...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

wjoegreen
on 7/19/09 1:56 am, edited 7/19/09 1:58 am - Colonial Heights, VA
After a week of letting everything interrupt my workouts, i got out this morning for a 6 mi run/walk.
I gotta admit, I might get the old bike out of the shed and dust it off this evening after church.
You guys are contagious!!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

NEXT,......

Oh, P.S.  My Captains Choice team won our Employer sponsored 18 hole golf tournament last Friday.  Minor thing, small trophy and a $50 gift card to the Pro Shop for each of us, but it was pretty rewarding for a golfer of my apptitude. And a reasonable sacrfice for missing my Friday workout.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 7/20/09 7:58 am
Congrats on the victory.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

levittown_loser
on 7/19/09 2:34 am - Levittown, PA

I went for for a 8.97 mile run.

Tom went for a 8.97 mile run. According to the Nike+ Running Monitor the run took 1 hour 20 minutes and 23 seconds and was done at an average pace of 8:57 per mile.

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Sherry_Berry
on 7/19/09 3:57 am - Dacula, GA
My tri club is putting on a mock triathlon on August 2nd at Dallas Landing. We're allowed to invited 1 guest, so you're invited if you want to come.

It's short-
300M swim
6 mile bike
2 mile run

OWS to follow mock tri.

Snort. We'll be body marking.

Let me know if you want in.

As for me I did a 2.3 mile walk.
Jenni123
on 7/19/09 9:41 am - orlando, FL
 1.25 miles on the treadmill and some weight training.  I did legs and abs today.  
wjoegreen
on 7/19/09 1:18 pm, edited 7/19/09 1:18 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
OK you biker dudes and dudettes,...You got me!

In addition to my Sunday morning run before church, Sunday evening I got the bike out,.... cleaned it up, made some adjustments, and rode out for an 11 mile jaunt. 
When did our area develop so many rolling hils???
Kicked myt butt!!  Major thigh burn. But I liked it.

Some toe clips, more air in the tires and a rear view mirror for the handlebars and I'm ready to endure dangers of the two lane back roads.

I got home and my oldest daughter wanted to go for a walk, so I put the bike away and went to the track and did a 2 mile walk with her.

Boo Yah,...3 work outs in one day and I didn't die.  Is that a brick?? A brickette,...cinder block,...cobblestone??

I am taking my body to bed now.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
playwithzoe
on 7/20/09 6:58 am
Are you thinking of doing a triathlon?  I've found the training so much fun!  A brick is doing one sport immediately followed by the other swim-bike,  bike-run so you sort of did with the bike-walk! 

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

wjoegreen
on 7/20/09 7:12 am - Colonial Heights, VA
YEA!  Another milestone for the old guy! Kinda-sorta.  Thanks for cutting me a little slack on the first effort. 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 7/19/09 9:40 pm
was supposed to run, but I still can't breathe. 
Stupid summer cold.
I did get in an hour of speedplay on the bike.  Speed intervals alternating between heart rate 2 and descent level speeds on the trainer.

Damn bike quit shifting into the large chain ring again.  It's freaking hard to hit those high speeds without having the big chain ring.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active