Saturday workouts

Darrell H.
on 7/18/09 1:39 am - Sinton, TX
I took yesterday off to rest my hip area that has been nagging me quite a bit since my speed workout on Wednesday. So I did my bike ride this morning. I went for my longest ride to dat at 30.145 miles. Wind wasnt bad, but my speed was. Avg of 14.2 I lost the chain once and the 4 miles that I ride in town with stops is frustrating. That being said I need to not make excuses and get faster. I am hoping to head to the lake for my 1st open water swim this evening. Trying to make a family picnic out of it like Dan did. That was a great idea. I always seem to leave family out when it comes to my workouts.

Have a great weekend all!!!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Jenni123
on 7/18/09 1:52 am - orlando, FL
 Went to a 9:00 am Zumba class at the Y.  Its an hour long.   I walk to the Y so on the way back did not take the short cut.
Sherry_Berry
on 7/18/09 4:50 am - Dacula, GA
Darrel, how much of a running base did you have before you started speedwork? Speedwork is great, but if not careful you can get injured really easily. If it's hip pain I'm wondering if your IT band needs a good stretching out.

Did you lose your chain going up a hill? That used to happen to me when I would switch gears in an unsmart way.

As for me, I did my 3 mile walk. I woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning. My hormones are all screwy!
Darrell H.
on 7/18/09 11:09 am - Sinton, TX
I started running around Feb or March. This was my 2nd week of this type of speed workout (400 meter repeats). Previously it was 100 meter repeats. I think I do need to stretch better. No pain today, but of course I didnt run. i think I will take 1 more day off from running since my tri is is just a few weeks. As for the chain coming off, it was on a flat. I had it in the small ring and was spinning to warm  up early then moved it to the large ring when it came off. I may have done something wrong, but I have the cheapest department store bike on the face of the earth. lol. Losing the chain made me work today though. I was afraid to get out of the big ring when I did my hill work. Thank goodness the wind wasnt bad today.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
mcarthur01
on 7/19/09 1:39 am - Cumming, GA
Saturday was a back from vacation workout....

did 36 minutes in the weight room (chest/tri), then 65 minutes on the stairmaster (i did 310 flights of stairs), then 25 minutes of speed workout on the elliptical...

i'm starting to train for a big hike in 2010 with my dad, we're thinking a 14,000 foot peak in CO or Half Dome, hence the stairmaster work.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

playwithzoe
on 7/20/09 6:53 am
Did 17 miles on the bike followed by a 5K kinda on the course for the sprint tri I'm doing in Philly on Aug 2nd.  It was a tough brick.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/21/09 9:32 am - Northern, CA
I rode from Donner Lake to Donner Pass and back. The uphill was hard but doable but the downhill was scary!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active