Wednesday's Workout!

Scott William
on 7/15/09 12:37 am
I think that I spelled Wednesday correctly but it doesn't look right.

Anyway, I just got back from a 5.5 miler.  I have not gone that far since my horrible half marathon in February.  I am starting to amp it up for the Hartford half on October 10.  I want to PR and to do that I will need a lot of miles.

What did you do today???
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Michelle B.
on 7/15/09 2:31 am - Augusta, ME
rode my bike to work today 29 miles.  Plan to ride home too.  And maybe some running tonight if my legs can take it.

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Hawgman
on 7/15/09 4:00 am - TX
4 mile run.  Finally feeling myself again!!!
mcarthur01
on 7/15/09 4:32 am - Cumming, GA
did my longest bike ride to date with a 50 miler in 2:36 (average speed just over 19 MPH)... i'm still at the beach on vacation, did i mention that i like sea level training with no hills??? :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Darrell H.
on 7/15/09 4:50 am - Sinton, TX

Speed workout today with 400 meter repeats. The best time for me to work out today was at noon. That probably wasnt the smartest thing to do. It was 96 degrees with a heat index of 106 and winds sustained at 18 when I went to the track. When i got back after 1 it was 98 degrees with heat index of 106 and winds slowing down a little.  I started with a 10 minute jog that was supposed to be at a 11:40 pace. That is tough. I just could not hit that slow of a pace consistantly. I ended up at 11:29. Then I did a good stretch and started 6x400 meter repeats in sets of 4 with 2 minutes rest between repeats. Like the warm-up, I found it difficult to find that 2 minute per 400 pace. I wa****ting anywhere from 1:50-1:58 for the 1st 4. Then, I had a scheduled 5;00 cool down walk. The last 2, the heat was starting to take its toll and I was getting pretty wore out. I got 1:55 on the 5th then 2:02 on the last one. I was supposed to do the repeats at a 8:00 pace and ended up at a 7:40 pace. I need a Garmin. Hopefully soon.

Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/15/09 8:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
I had the TOUGHEST 1 hour ride of my life!!! 105 degrees outside and 12-14 MPH winds. I had 4 x 3 minute hill repeats at threshold then a 20 minute tempo ride... By the time I got home I was thrashed. Ended up doing a little over 20 miles in just a bit over an hour. I was VERY dehydrated when I got home... I went through 2 bottles of Gatorade and STILL LOST 3 pounds of water weight. Good times.... Have a good one everybody!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

playwithzoe
on 7/15/09 10:36 am
Ran 4 miles, a PR for me finished in 44:16 - still not my goal of an 11 minute mile yet but I've come a long way since I started 6 months ago at a 13 minute mile.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Vicki PNW
on 7/15/09 12:53 pm

Happy Hump Day!

Climbed up/down 3 flights of stairs 5 times at work today (building is not a walk-up).
1 hour Group Active class involving 1/3 step, 1/3 free weights, and 1/3 floor exercises with some yoga.
15 minutes on dreadmill.  Plus, 3 minutes cool-down.
15 minutes on stationary bike.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

saxman007
on 7/15/09 2:19 pm - Port Huron, MI
Took a rest day -- tomorrow will be a big brick day with hopefully a good morning swim too!
Most Active