Sports bras?

meljellis
on 7/14/09 2:22 am
Okay, I need a new sports bra, possible two. I need some suggestions on which ones are the best. I want something that has good coverage, a racer back, and no bounce. I mean NO BOUNCE! I am trying to get into running and just can't with my boob hitting me in the face everytime I run. The girls have gone downhill-literally- since my surgery and I need something that will keep them in place. I am a 38D, more or less. It is hard to tell because there is just so much skin there. Ah, the days of firmer boobs. Oh well! Anybody got suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Surgery Date: 10/08/08
Starting Weight: 309
Goal Weight: 145
Weight to Date: 185

MacMadame
on 7/14/09 2:36 am - Northern, CA
I founds the getting sports bras sized like regular bras helped a lot. Instead of XS, S, M, L, XL, my sports bras are 32 C. I even have one that has an underwire just like a regular bra.

A number of companies make them like that but places like Target or Big 5 don't tend to carry them. I get mine at a Sporting Goods store that carries the heavy duty stuff that's located in the Bay Area (Sports Basement). I think there are chains like this all around the country but they'll be local to your area so I can't tell what the name will be.

I just happen to have all Champion right now but there are other companies that make sports bras that really fit. That just happens to be what my store carries the most of and what fits me the best.

Also, I read somewhere that they did a study and found that a regular bra actually supports better than a so called sports bra. I find that to be true but my regular bras can be uncomfortable with certain sports. So I mostly stick with the sports bras.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

playwithzoe
on 7/14/09 1:35 pm, edited 7/14/09 1:38 pm
I highly recommend that you check out the selection at titlenine.com, wide varity with great descriptions.  They also have an online "bra genie" or  you can call them and talk to a "bra coach" at 800-324-4448.  They do have some stores mostly in CA and the North West, don't know where you are located but check out their website there may be a store near you.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

jcheryld
on 7/14/09 3:52 pm
I really like my Under Armour sports bras. Some of them really hold your boobs in place and come with a zipper in the front for ease in putting them on. I have a couple Champion bras I got from TJ Maxx and Target and I like those too. I try not to spend more than $15-20 on a sports bra. Ohh also my Adidas sports bra is like a boob barricade- makes you look flat as a pancake but the boobs are in place!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Elisa K.
on 7/14/09 10:07 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I went from a 48DDD to a 34D, so you can imagine my issues with extra skin and droop- LOL!!  I wear champion sports bras.  They have a few models that have underwire in them - without an underwire, I have absolutely no shape - so these bras don't give me a smooshed uniboob look.  I run and take dance classes, and I am very comfortable in my bras - no bounce. 

You should check out Champion's website - they are having a sale right now on their bras.

Good luck!!
Lori G.
on 7/18/09 4:56 pm - CA

I love the Nike FitDry Firm Support- but try them on, they come in different support strengths ( I bought one on eBay that looked and sounded the same as those I had already, it did not offer enough support). I found mine at Sports Authority on clearance this past winter. XOLori

abgisme
on 7/19/09 9:51 am
Mine are Champions and I get them from Target.  They are the compression style which means you get squished boobs, but I have plenty of support.  My bra has never been a problem.
meljellis
on 7/20/09 1:29 pm
Thanks a lot! I need all the help I can get!

Surgery Date: 10/08/08
Starting Weight: 309
Goal Weight: 145
Weight to Date: 185

Most Active