Tuesday Workouts

Linn D.
on 7/14/09 3:17 pm - Missoula, MT
Hey Scott,

I didn't get one of those "Man I could run forever" runs until I was running well over a year and at speeds over 6.3.  I don't call it a runner's high, but they are definitely well worth having the bad ones mixed in.  Hope you get one soon.  It really does make you remember why you do it.

Linn
Elisa K.
on 7/14/09 9:36 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I had all intentions of doing an 8 mile run, but I bonked out after about 2 miles.  I think it may have been the intense sun on our route - also there was absolutely no breeze.  So, my planned 8 mile run turned into a 2 mile run, and a 4 mile walk.  Oh well, not the workout I wanted, but way better than sitting on the couch watching TV. 
Darrell H.
on 7/15/09 2:59 am - Sinton, TX
Oh my goodness my evening bike ride was a killer. Winds seemed almost tropical storm force. Weather man said gusts of 35+, but at 1 point I could ride no faster than 5 mph! I played a mind game on myself so I would get the ride in. i changed my usual bike route so I rode with the monster winds on the way out. I figured if I started into the wind, I would turn around way to early. I wanted to go 20 miles, but it was getting late so I turned around at 8 miles when I realized just how hard the wind was blowing. Had to go up 3 overpasses that I could have gone around, but figured I needed the hill work. Going up those in that wind was abuse. I was really beat after the ride, but had a great feeling of accomplishment. I ended up going 16.08 miles with an avg speed of 12.5. I thought it would be much lower than that, but that strong wind at my back helped the avg.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
sheepla
on 7/21/09 4:09 am

Hi, I'm only an occasional poster (though a regular exerciser) so hope to post in these threads more often, as I love reading them.

Checked out a new trail near my house yesterday for hikers and bikers.  Mostly mountain bikers as I only saw one other person on foot.  The map said it was a three mile loop but I walked it at a very brisk face (my german shepherd does not like to stroll!) and it took an hour and fifteen minutes, so definitely over three miles. I'm excited because I think it is going to be a great trail running location once I work up the nerve to start running again.

SW-272, CW-219, GW-175
5'9"

Most Active