Tuesday Workouts

Darrell H.
on 7/14/09 12:22 am - Sinton, TX
Time to start pushing myself. I swam an easy 800 yards at the natatorium this morning at 5. I am about to start a shoulders arms and abs workout, then this evening I will go on an 18 mile ride. Going to have fun with that. It will be around 91 with a heat index of 99 and winds sustained at 20 with gusts to 30+. Yee hah. Got to love it.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/14/09 1:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
I warmed up with an easy 1 mile shuffle at 10:00 pace. Then I did about 10 minutes of stretching since I was still pretty tight from the 75 miles I rode on Saturday + Brick. I then finished 7 miles in 59:32 for an average pace of 7.0 MPH on the nose (8:34 pace). That's my goal 1/2 marathon pace and I felt really good during the run. Stretched a lot, sat in the Sauna for a few and that's it for today. Have a good day everyone...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 7/14/09 3:30 am, edited 7/14/09 11:00 am - Port Huron, MI
 51 miles on the bike -- nice and easy tempo though (averaged 16.7).  Went with somebody else who's doing Steelhead and that was about as fast as he could go and with my half marathon run yesterday I thought it prudent to take it easy.
Tonight is the triathlon swimming, got a feeling that she's not gonna take it easy on us, lol
Edit: 1600 yards in the pool tonight.  Was supposed to be 1800 but I dropped the 4x150 to 4x100.  Just couldn't get those extra 50's in.  When I was asked if I was cramping I replied, no just dieing.  She laughed and asked if I was still recovering from Saturday's race and I said no I was recovering from the run/bike I did last night and this morning.  Her response was "aren't these great practices when you're just completely dead and you push through?  Then after your taper for the race you'll feel truly amazed at how fast and easy it feels on race day!"  That got me through another 3 or 4 laps then I was back to the trying not to drown phase.
wjoegreen
on 7/14/09 4:48 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Gad zooks,...this is embarrassing,
I missed my run yesterday at lunch so I planned for early evening and that got derailed with politics regarding a local newspaper article in the prior to a Public Hearing tomorrow evening.

Today I was going out at lunch and got derailed again with a security interview investigating a friend trying to get a job witht eh Govt n a secure department.  Then caved in ona late lunch run and got some cheese pizza and a cup of pudding. (YIKES!) I have the Public Hearing tonight (City Council member as of last Nov election) after work, so unless we go late into the night, its either gonna be a late stress relieving run tonight or nothing unti l tommorrow.

So there,..I have confessed my physical fitness negligence and will repent to get caught up. 
I di have a good week last week but haven't been sogood this week yet.  I am on mapmyrun.com training log.

I want to get back into registered events after officiating football this fall,....winter and spring events.  We have the Frostbite 10K in Richmond in January; the Shamrock 8K, half, and Marathon in March at Va Bch, and the UKROPS 10K in April in downtown Richmond (my inagural event.  Of course if I'm good enough, I have athe American Family 10K in Oct and the Suntrust 8K Half and marathn to choose from in Nov this year. Ooooo, kinda gives me shivers thinking about all those opportunities.

Sorry about being a slug, but at least now we have both ends of the spectrum covered!! 
Where are the reports from the tweeners?  Everyone in between?
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
mcarthur01
on 7/14/09 6:06 am - Cumming, GA
Did something different today as i'm still on vacation at the jersey shore... i jogged 3.5 miles to my parents gym, did a 35 minute weights workout (shoulder, bi, and back), then jogged the 3.5 miles back.  total average pace for the 7 miles was 9:15, the first leg was substantially better than the second....
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Jenni123
on 7/14/09 8:50 am - orlando, FL
 1.5 miles on the treadmill in 27 minutes.  I am working towards 3 miles in 45 minutes.  No weight training today.  Just cardio.
Linn D.
on 7/14/09 12:31 pm - Missoula, MT
Got up for an early morning spin class followed by a 5k run in 27:09.

It was a good morning, and the run felt good also.

Linn 
Cassie W.
on 7/14/09 12:32 pm
I fit in a quick 7.5 mile bike at lunch and a 5 mile run after work.   My gastric issues have resurfaced when I run in the evenings ... so it's time to go back to keeping a food journal to see what's triggering the runners trots.  

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

playwithzoe
on 7/14/09 1:50 pm
did 13 miles on the bike, took 50 minutes but I wasted 5 when my seat bag unzipped and my C02 canister flew out and few around my bike frame.  Scared the crap out of me (not literally thankfully).  I looked for it for a while but couldn't find it .  I followed with a brick run which was supposed to be a 5K but after 2.5 miles I bonked so I have to walk the last .6.   I don't know why I bonked because I ate an "Oh Yeah! good grab" bar about 30 minutes prior to the bike ride then also had some sport beans on the bike, but I definitely bonked.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Seht
on 7/14/09 2:47 pm
3.5 mile run, took over a minute off of my previous best.  But now I want to puke.
Where are these easy runs everyone keeps talking about.  I think it's one of those B.S. things like the runners high.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active