Missing A Few Friends

wjoegreen
on 7/14/09 4:15 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Is the Muddy Buddy in Richmond, Richmond VA or RIchmond some other state?
translation, you gonna be that close, I'd like to make contact.  I get my mileage back up and time down, I wanna get up that way some time and try to see you, Cassie, and/or Scott.

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 7/14/09 8:31 am - DE
I'm definitely not a swimmer.  Too boring and I'm not very good.  Stick to the land.

Richmond, VA is the closest Muddy Buddy event for me.  It's really a neat race.  You need a partner and a mountain bike.  You switch off running and biking, and end up together crawling through a mud pit.

Check out this site:  http://www.muddybuddy.com/challenge.php

Would be great to meet up when we're down there.  Gotta go for a run so I'll check back soon.
Rob
saxman007
on 7/14/09 3:28 am - Port Huron, MI
 Hey folks, I know this board has become a little tri focused lately but the only way I got through my first marathon last year was with the help of all of you.  Next month I'll start hitting my marathon training a little harder and then focus mainly on that for Sept-January  as I will be doing the Detroit (October 18), NYC (November 1), and the Disney Goofy Challenge (thanks for getting me pumped for that one Scott).
Can't wait to read your race reports as we get back into the main running season!
--Dan
wjoegreen
on 7/14/09 4:28 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Sax,
These guys keep me fired up. 
Chad and AJ took it to the tri level and are inspiring too, but I struggle to do the running at the level these guys keep.  Tri is a whole different level I enjoy reading about but doubt I'll ever get there since I'm already 52.  Thogh I may have to get my bike out of the mothballs for variety and may try some bike/ jog bricks to build endurance.  And if I am successful, I'm gonna be blaming you, Linn, Chad and DanCBJammin for corrupting me. 

Especially after seeing Rob bikes in addition to his running.
What a marvel to me he is.

These guys are my Incredibles:

Rob  - the energizer speedy little guy that keeps going and going.

Scott - the incredible lovable hulky strong guy, covering everyday dad duties and doing the half one day and the marathon the next at Disney (GEEEESH)

Cassie - the Babe that never quits and stretches and stretches her capabilities (Elastic Girl). 

Hows that for analogy and entertainment????  Costumes,... they need their costumes.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active