Sunday workouts

Seht
on 7/12/09 1:08 pm
We had a 50 mile ride today..
They name all the rides, and this one was called handlebars, hills, & Holsteins.
I think they just didn't want to scare people away.  It should have been named hills, hills, and mountains.  We had a couple 16 degree hills that never seemed to end.  If only you got to go down hill for as long as you went uphill.  I hit 40 mph a couple times going downhill.  Man thats fun, it almost makes the leg burning climbs worth it.

I think what sucks the worst is thinking that you are almost at the summit, you go around a corner and you realize there is another even steeper climb ahead of you.  ughh.

We had one guy on a recumbant bike.  He really suffered climbing the hills, but he hauled some major butt going down hill.  I was doing 40 mph, and he was gaining on me like I was standing still.  He was flying.

All the complaining aside, I'm really liking these long weekend rides.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 7/12/09 2:10 pm - Port Huron, MI
 So you got your bike working?  That's good news!
I took a rest day, got to get into my rheumatologist -- my arthritis is kicking my butt.  Only a couple fingers really hurt, it's the exhaustion.  Tomorrow will have to be my long run, hopefully in the morning, depending on how I feel I'll either do the group bike tomorrow or a swim.
Seht
on 7/12/09 2:29 pm
Oh yeah, the guy at the bike shop put in another hour plus on it, he tried all the options, would ride it, put it back on the rack, adjust something else, ride it and finally he got it working.

He wouldn't let me pay for the extra hour of work either.  The bike would perform fine on the rack, but put it on the street and ride it, you couldn't shift.  He probably had 2+ hours of adjusting on that bike, and only charged me for the first hour.  Since he wouldn't let me pay for it, I bought a t-shirt with his shops logo/name on it.  I'm working registration at the Vineman 70.3 event next weekend.  I plan to wear the shirt and advertise the store.  He has a booth at the vendor expo.

I love shopping small local businesses, and this guy has again earned my business.  I just wish he had a bigger variety of bikes.  I want to buy my new bike from him, but since it is such an expensive purchase, I'm going to ride them all and see which one I like the best.

Maybe he can order or get another manufacturers brand if I tell him that's what I want.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

playwithzoe
on 7/13/09 2:05 am
Did a mock triathlon to prepare for the real event.  It was a little shorter than the race will be: swim-825 yards, Bike-15 miles, run 2.5 miles.  I did it in about an hour and 37 minutes which is much faster than I expected!  Also the bike leg was actually a Spin class which I always find much harder than biking outside.  Some trainers at my gym put it together so it was a pool swim as well but we ran outside.  I'm thinking that I might finish the real triathlon in 2 hours maybe.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/13/09 5:12 pm - Northern, CA
That's faster than I did my first one!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

playwithzoe
on 7/13/09 11:33 pm
Well we will see how it all turns out, the transitions in the race will take me a lot longer than the mock and each leg of the race longer as well.  Also, I am doing this with a friend and we are probably going to go in the buddy wave and stick together.  She hasn't been able to train nearly as much as I, and is a little slower as a result but I'll probably stick with her since she was the one who got me to finally commit to doing this.  A large part of me wants to just go for speed but since it's my first and I think I should stick with my friend and fully share the experience.  I'm just gonna shoot for finishing and not worry about time.  I intend to keep on racing so I can go for time in the next one.

U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/14/09 12:00 am - Northern, CA
Well I'm pretty slow too.

But I just remembered my first one had a 4 mile run....

I think that's cool that you're going to do it with a buddy. I'm trying to get Mini-Mac to do one with me and then I'd do it that way. But she's not cooperating.

playwithzoe
on 7/14/09 12:18 am
I keep trying to get my 8 year old niece to bike, run and really learn how to swim but she doesn't want to do anything that she thinks is exercise and she is rather over-weight.  I don't know what to do cause I don't want to give her a bad body image, even though all I talk about is health she is still focused on weight at that young age.   So I don't hound her too much.  I do ask her to come cheer me on in my races and got her to do the Koman  5K walk.  I'm just hoping to inspire her by doing.

MacMadame
on 7/14/09 12:55 am - Northern, CA
Mine is afraid of the bike. Sigh.

Most Active