Sunday workouts

mcarthur01
on 7/12/09 1:31 am - Cumming, GA
Rode my longest ride to date with my two brother-in-laws this morning, we were out for 2 hours and 10 minutes (including warmup/warmdown) and finished 38.5 miles with an average speed of around 17.6 MPH, we were hitting 22 MPH for big chunks, and the overall average was much lower due to a bunch of lights and the warmup/warmdown.  i felt really good for most of it, but definitely started to bonk towards the end while fighting a heavy head-wind back home.

next
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 7/12/09 6:09 am - Missoula, MT
I did an hour run this morning on the treadmill.  First 20 minutes at base speed 6.5, next 20 at 6.6, last 20 at 6.7 with 6 speed intervals at anywhere from 7.0 to 7.5 (one song I like is 2.5 minutes and fast so I run at 7.5 to that one).

I finally tried out my new goggles today and did a little 400 yd swim.  It was good for me getting back in the water.  It never sucks as bad as I think it's going to, but it's really hard to make myself get into the water...

Linn
MacMadame
on 7/12/09 7:41 am - Northern, CA
I did my long run outdoors instead of at the gym this week. I'm not sure it was a good idea as I had my first episode of gastro-intestinal distress! Luckily I was able to make it to the one porta-potty on the route.

So... when does it stop? I figured it would stop when I stopped running, but it hasn't...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jenni123
on 7/12/09 9:03 am - orlando, FL
 I did weight machines for my legs today and ran a mile on the treadmill.  I got my mile down to 17 minutes 45 seconds.  My goal is to get it to 15 minutes and to add an additional 2 miles to it.  
Linn D.
on 7/12/09 9:26 am - Missoula, MT
When I do long runs (more than 10 miles), it's common for me to have diarrhea for the rest of the day.  Protein drinks make it worse for me.  Some of us are just blessed...

Linn
MacMadame
on 7/12/09 12:11 pm - Northern, CA
I've only had gas up until now.

playwithzoe
on 7/13/09 1:59 am
I remember experiencing the same when training for the Marathon I did (pre WLS). 

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/13/09 2:34 am - Northern, CA
So did you figure out how to avoid it?

playwithzoe
on 7/13/09 3:53 am
I wouldn't eat much prior to running, especially with a lot of fat but I know you aren't doing that.  I would just eat some GU on long runs.   Also are you able to try running at different times of the day?  And since you say it's still going on, maybe it's a bug?  Have you been swimming in open water that might be a little suspect?  Basically I think my body just adjusted over time but I did alway carry some TP with me just in case.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/13/09 5:11 pm - Northern, CA
Usually I have part of a protein shake before and fini**** after but that day I only had the gel. Once I got everything out and took an Immodium, I was okay.

I'm going to blame the gel. It was horrible and I'm never eating that kind again!

I do think this is more likely to happen to me on my early morning runs. Maybe I shouldn't run first thing in the morning.

Most Active