Friday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/9/09 11:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

So today is my birthday and I wanted to swim 10,000 Meters! I hop in the pool at the gym at 5am to get started and hopefully finish in less than 3 hours.... The maintenance guy flags me down as I am about to do a kick turn 15 minutes into the swim and says he is closing the pool at 6am for maintenance.... DANGIT!!!! Oh well, my "Plan" called for a  3000Meter straight swim, which is EXACTLY what I did. 3000M 52:08... Tomorrow I am registered for the Peach Pedal bike  race which is a pretty hilly 100k. I am hoping for around 3 hours and am planning a 45 minute "brick" afterwards. WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY???
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Hawgman
on 7/9/09 11:29 pm - TX
Happy Birthday, Dan!!

No workout for me this AM.  Long run tomorrow.

Darrell
wjoegreen
on 7/10/09 12:59 am, edited 7/10/09 12:59 am - Colonial Heights, VA
After I read your post, I took a nap.

I have a long run or HIITS scheduled for today, still flipping a coin.  I need the muscular variety and sprint training of the HIITS but long to improve my distance and endurance.  I also need to  stay at it for 60-75 mins to emulate conditioning for football officiating in the fall.

Then my grass awaits me this evening.  Does that count as part of a brick?

5 a.m. in the pool,...does that count as a shave and shower???
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
saxman007
on 7/10/09 6:14 am - Port Huron, MI
 Joe,
We've missed your posts around here!
So I got in a 1000 yards today.  Light day with the race tomorrow and long run on Sunday
playwithzoe
on 7/10/09 4:48 am
Happy Birthday!  I can't imagine swimming laps for 3 hours, my Lord!

I took a swim clinic - hour of drills and sprints and I followed up with 40 minutes on the treadmill doing interval sprinting.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

wjoegreen
on 7/10/09 9:32 am - Colonial Heights, VA
OK, it wasn't fast but after cutting my yard (30 minutes on a hill), I went jogging and did a whole mile before having to walk any,...thats the farthest I've gone without having walk since starting back and then I did a 3.5 mile loop, so I jogged close to 3 mi with 3 walking intervals, like 10 mins jogging/2-3 min walking.  I guess cutting grass was my warmup?  WooHoo.
Thanks for the morning poke in the eye and kick in the butt Mr. Fish-gills DanCBJammin type dude!!!
Have a good race this weekend.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Linn D.
on 7/10/09 1:44 pm - Missoula, MT
I meant to have a longer-ish run this morning, but didn't make it to the gym early enough.  Ended up with another 30-minute run at 6.8 with a couple 7.5 intervals.

Linn 
MacMadame
on 7/10/09 3:47 pm - Northern, CA
I blew off my long run but I went to a bike clinic. It was fun. We worked on cornering and riding in a pack.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

mcarthur01
on 7/11/09 4:35 am - Cumming, GA
Did my longest ride on my new road bike to date, it was my third ride.  My bro-in-law joined me and we were able to bang out about 27 miles in an hour and a half.... Saturday was a race, and Sunday will be another ride, we're going to push for 2 or 2/12 hours, i'm looking forward to it!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active