A PR In The Pool Today...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/9/09 11:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I went to the gym and had a 1000M easy swim. Well, I was feeling so dang good after my warmup I thought I would do a timed 1000M swim. Finished in 15:22 which by far is a Personal Record for me! If I could keep that pace, which might be possible at Louiseville, I could finish the 2.4 mile swim in 1:01:28, which would be SICK... We will see
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

wjoegreen
on 7/9/09 12:26 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Well since you did 1000m to warmup and another 1000m timed, it sounds like you are half way to that goal. Could you do it twice more? Were you with the benny of wearing your wetsuit?

Congrads on the PR.  I bet that made quite a splash at the office!!!  Yuk Yuk Yuk!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/9/09 1:37 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Boss,

Good to hear from you, it's been a while. I actually did 200M warmup then did 1000M, I never swim with wetsuit in the pool, so, no bennies there. Anyways thanks for the congrats and don't be a stranger...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

wjoegreen
on 7/9/09 7:30 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Thanksf for noticing.  I had a hip spur that took a series of 3 orthos before I got one that was willing to do a scope to see what was going on cause nothing was showing up on the C-scan.  I had so many of those things, the C-scan techs where offereing good neighbor hour rates.  So I was on cructhes cause I couldn't walk on it from Dec 08 to Mar 09, then the scope Mar 17.  I hadn't run since October (due to running for local election door-to-door campaigning) till May 23 (Memorial Day weekend).  So I am pretty much starting over except for what I learned the first time around I hope will get me back a little faster.  Its pretty frustrating to have been doing 8-10 miles at a time and now be pressing to get two.  I am glad to be back and how to get back up to speed.  I won't be doing any Tris, you guys are too intense for me on that one, but I do want to get back to 10Ks and maybe that 1/2 marathon I've registered for twice the past two Novembers and have yet to run.   
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
saxman007
on 7/9/09 1:09 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Impressive, very impressive.  I'm hoping for a sub 18:00 1/2 mile swim on Saturday.  
Most Active