Wednesday Workouts Hot as Hello!

Darrell H.
on 7/7/09 10:05 pm - Sinton, TX
Got my speed workout early this morning as we are scheduled to have a high of 101-103 today and a heat index of 115!!!

Jogged one lap at 2:45 then did 4- 1/4 intervals at 1:57 avg. This was my first day of doing 1/4 intervals as most of my speed work to date has been 100 meters. This was pretty tough on me this morning. Next wednesday I am scheduled to run 6 and then add a 1/2 mile each week.

I have got to get my avg pace for my longer runs to be around 9 or less.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/7/09 11:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I have ran a couple marathons and my avg pace for THOSE longer runs has not been at 9:00 or less... It's a good goal, just be patient, it takes a looooooooong time to build up a good base. My last marathon my avg pace was just a hair over 10 minute miles, and I worked hard to get to that point... be patient.

As for my workout: 2000M coached swim with my coach Brent, interval work and technique / kicking drills. Tonight I have a Threshold 1 hour ride, I am really going to try to push my pace and see what happens.
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 7/7/09 11:54 pm
Well my cadence sensor showed up last night, so I got that all connected and tested.
Tonight I'll put it to the real test, and follow it up with a short easy run.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 7/8/09 11:59 am - Port Huron, MI
 How'd it go with the new sensor?  I've really been focusing on my cadence and have found it to be a huge help.  Raised it from an average of 74 back in March to averaging 88-94.  Biggest notice is the last time I did some hills with somebody.  I never looked at my speed, just focused on spinning and man things were so much easier.  In that last group ride I just kept spinning and some of the other guys were just dieing trying to crank bigger gears.
Have fun with it, it'll help you tremendously!
Seht
on 7/8/09 2:38 pm
It didn't, that F*C&^%$ piece of Sh*& bike decided that it didn't want to shift gears tonight.  This will be the third time I have had it in to be adjusted in under a year.

I tried to fix it myself, watched a couple videos, read a couple instruction web pages, and all I think I accomplished was to make it worse.  The whole damn bike only cost me 600 bucks, but the 3 tune ups have added a lot to that cost.  Just another reason to not settle for good enough and to buy something of quality from the get go.  Oh and on top of that I called the bike shop to see about getting it in there..... Bring it in over the weekend, we could probably get to it on Monday or Tuesday.  I had a 50 mile ride planned for this weekend, and 2 scheduled sessions on my triathlon plan that call for bike work.  So I'm flaming mad right now.  The only thing keeping me from wheeling it out into the driveway and backing over it with the car 20-30 times is I can't afford to replace it right now.  Probably not until the end of the year.

I ended up taking my dog for a 3.5 mile drag around the neighborhood.  I do mean drag, that lump is more out of shape than I am.  About half way through the run he decided that he didn't want to do it any more, so I was basically dragging him along behind me, forcing him to at least trot along.  Having to drag him along behind me added over 2 minutes to my run time.  It was nice having him with me right up until he decided he was done.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

saxman007
on 7/8/09 3:44 pm - Port Huron, MI
 LOL, after my rough run I really needed that story.  Yeah, I had to drag my mutt through half the run, I felt sorry for her and did some walk/run combos.  Feel for you on that one!
Michelle B.
on 7/8/09 2:17 am - Augusta, ME
I wish you would share a little of that heat.  We have so much rain in the northeast.  And it is only 50's here today.  I had my heat on in the car on the way to work this morning.

Consult weight 235   / Day of Surgery 191   / Current 133 / Goal 125

Darrell H.
on 7/8/09 4:05 am - Sinton, TX
what is that r word you speak of. r-a-i-n. as for 50, that would be middle of winter for me. lol
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
saxman007
on 7/8/09 11:54 am - Port Huron, MI
 Just a 4 mile run today -- 2 1/2 with the dog 1 on my own and then one in and out with my band's parade practice.  
I had to laugh, I didn't think practice was too rough or long but my kids were just pooped at the end of it.  We probably marched about 2-3 miles and I actually ran up and down a the entire band a couple of times and from one block to the next at the turns and didn't think anything of it.  Wasn't really thinking they should be tired until I saw their faces and realized they were at their limit.  Man times are different.

Darrell: I'm actually finding my run times going up :(  don't know why, my track work is helping and getting faster but the long runs are pretty slow -- 10:45 for my 10 miler on Sunday.  Today I had a hard time keeping 9:00/miles.  I'm HOPING to hit around 9:00/miles for my marathon in October but I'll have 2 HIM and a month to focus on strictly running for that.

playwithzoe
on 7/8/09 2:47 pm
training for a sprint tri and did a brick tonight.  15.5 mile ride in 56 minutes and 5k in 35.  believe it or not that was record time for me, I'm slow.  First time I did the full length of both bike and run and I didn't die so it gave me a lot of confidence.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Most Active