Has anyone tried the recovery drink FLUID ?

playwithzoe
on 7/7/09 9:50 am
Sounds like good stuff

www.livefluid.com/Products/Recovery

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

MacMadame
on 7/7/09 3:46 pm - Northern, CA
They sponsor our tri club but so far I've managed to miss all the free samples and club events.

I use Recoverite by Hammer. It's okay but the taste could be better. I'm also looking into Infinit but it has a lot more sugar than the products I normally use.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

playwithzoe
on 7/8/09 1:21 am
They sell samples but the shipping is outrageous!  I'll look into the ones your recommend as well.

When you did your first Sprint did you eat anything between legs and if so what? 

U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

saxman007
on 7/8/09 2:00 am - Port Huron, MI
 You're going to need nutrition during the race.  I'm slow out there and still take 1:29 (my fastest to date) and for most of us anything over an hour we perform better with supplements.  On the race I've used Gatorade/Gels/sport Beans.  I can't get over the taste of HEED though I used it Monday night and felt a difference.  I just know that if I have to force myself to drink it that's no good for me.  
Most of us can/t eat solid foods on the run or within 15-20 minutes of a run -- so I'd be careful about trying to eat in transition.
One suggestion is whatever you decide for nutrition I'd tape it or attach it to the bike/run belt.  Don't assume you'll remember to grab it (I forgot at my first race)
Good luck!
--Dan
playwithzoe
on 7/8/09 6:03 am
Thanks Dan great advice.  I'm about to do a brick of my full bike and run distances I think I'll stop and pick up some beans or gel and some sort or recovery drink.  I used the gel when I ran the SF marathon in 1998 and it agreed with me then so hopefully it will now as well.  I just wish I could find something that wasn't processed food.

MacMadame
on 7/8/09 2:53 pm - Northern, CA
In my last one, I think I nailed my nutrition.... regular breakfast (only 2 hours earlier than normal), a banana 1 hr. before my wave started, a gel in T1, sports drink on the bike, a gel in T2 and water on the run.

For an Olympic, I'll also gel on the bike and do a protein bar in there somewhere before the race starts. I'll probably have a fuel belt on the run too and do sports drink as well as water at the water stations.

playwithzoe
on 7/9/09 12:51 am
Last night I biked and ran my fastest in the past couple years and really didn't hit the wall and I think it is because it is the first time I added nutrition.

I ate 1/2 a OhYeah! bar about 2 hours prior, a few crackers just before, water on bike and had a GU 40 minutes in, ran without anything and had a recovery drink immediately after.  I made my recovery drink out of 24oz of Smar****er (electrolites) 1/2 scoop of protein powder (11.5 g protein) and a packet of Amino Vital (2400mg of amino acids + 8g of carbs).  I know my recovery drink was light on carbs but since I had the GU I thought it might be OK.  I feel good today and am going to swim 40-50 laps and follow with a Spin class tonight and I feel up to it.

I think I'll probably switch from the bar to a bananna half hour before in the future.

playwithzoe
on 7/10/09 4:45 am
What sport drink do you like? 

BTW - I did order the Xterra Vortex 3 wetsuit, I got the sleeveless as I think most of my triathlons will be in warmer climates at least initially.  I know eventually I'm gonna want a full suit, hopefully they will have a great offer like this again in the spring and it will be nice to have both options.  The Sale was offered to members of Active.com and online only (the SheRock tri uses them for registration so you get a short term membership).   The offer isn't  visable on the normal Xterra website only if you go through the Active.com link.

I even found a trisuit at swimoutlet.com for $29.00, it's sort of a burnt orange color, but not as hideous as I thought it would be.

Next will be the bike... but that will have to wait until next year.

MacMadame
on 7/10/09 5:12 am - Northern, CA
Ah, I don't have an Active.com membership... I just use the site to sign up for races, but haven't paid for a membership.

I only paid $60 more for my suit so I shouldn't complain.

Most Active