Ladies!!! I need help finding a sports bra!

Lauren M.
on 7/6/09 3:44 am
OK so hopefully the guys got the hint and are not reading this....If you are please stop. Anyway ware a size 44 DD bra and it's OK for daily use but I have bad chaffing issues when I try and jog with it on...not to mention the flopping issue. I can't find a sports bra big enough for me in any of the stores around here. I even checked the plus size stores...they don't even carry sports bras! I was like comon fat people exercise too! Anyway any suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks
Lauren

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Elisa K.
on 7/6/09 4:14 am - Lumberton, NJ
I personally wear Champion sports bras - mine is an encapsulating bra with underwire.  I am a 34 D, and am very comfortable in this bra - absolutely no bounce!!  I order mine from Champion's web site - they often have sales, free shipping, etc. 

Good luck finding one!!
Linn D.
on 7/6/09 10:09 am - Missoula, MT
There is a brand, Enell, that I've heard of.  You order them in your actual bra size.  I've seen them at roadrunnersports.com and have heard good things about them.  I use a Hind Motion Sensor bra that you also buy in the bra size, but I don't know how large they go (I'm a 36D).  Along with the bra, I also wear a tank with a built-in bra when I run.  They mostly do it for me, but I have always had problems with sores with any combination I've tried.  What I do now is the best so far.

Linn
~Janis ~
on 7/7/09 6:48 am
On July 6, 2009 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, Linn D. wrote:
There is a brand, Enell, that I've heard of.  You order them in your actual bra size.  I've seen them at roadrunnersports.com and have heard good things about them.  I use a Hind Motion Sensor bra that you also buy in the bra size, but I don't know how large they go (I'm a 36D).  Along with the bra, I also wear a tank with a built-in bra when I run.  They mostly do it for me, but I have always had problems with sores with any combination I've tried.  What I do now is the best so far.

Linn

Hi,

I have an Enell bra.  I really like it.  They are expensive but I only bought one and wa**** every other workout.  I am about the same size as you and they come in sizes larger than I needed.  Their web site is www.enell.com  Sometimes you can find them on ebay too.

Hope this helps.

Jan

mistiimichelle
on 7/7/09 8:27 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
Lauren thanks for the post!
I too am around a 46DD and have not had luck with finding a sports bra, came close once! LOL

I was really ticked when I tried finding nice light work out clothes. NOTHING!!!  Just regular track-pant material. Racks and racks of regular sized work-out wear but nothing plus sized!  I was like, umm, fat girls exercise too! lol

so thanks, I will use your relpies to find myself a bra!

Take care,
Michelle
MacMadame
on 7/7/09 3:48 pm - Northern, CA
I was having trouble finding sports bras but it's because I was going to places like Target or Sports Authority. Once I figured out about real sports stores, I discovered that bras come in real sizes, not just S, M, L, etc.

I still have trouble because I have a small band size to go with my large cup size, but at least now I have a bunch of sports bras that my boobage doesn't fall out of!

Most of mine are Champion brand.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

BigMama2
on 7/9/09 11:11 am - MI
Enell is the best.  I am a 42DD and the girls don't move when I do ANY kind of exercise.  Enell are expensive but well worth the investment.
Most Active