Happy Sunday Workouts!

Linn D.
on 7/5/09 4:22 am - Missoula, MT
After a long day yesterday (got home around 2 am), I expected my run to not feel so good, but I was pleasantly surprised!  I did a short 30-minute run: 10 min at 6.7 then the last 20 at 7.0.  Didn't expect to go that long at 7.0, so it was a nice surprise.

Was going to swim, but the pool is only 64 degrees right now since they drained it to thoroughly clean it a couple days ago.  We'll see what the temp is tomorrow...

Linn 
Cassie W.
on 7/5/09 5:28 am
Today was a 9-mile run.

1-mile easy warm-up
4-miles at 10:15
4-miles at 9:45.

I've been trying to run the last half of my long runs at a faster pace to get used to holding pace/form  when my legs are fatigued.  It seems to be a good strategy supported by several articles that I've read recently in Runner's World and various training plans.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Serenity08
on 7/5/09 5:39 am - NH
 Did a 3 mile walk this morning.  And I'm doing a few running loops around the block.  I want to try and build up the time I can run.  So first time out I did two times around doing a slow jog.  I'll go out in a bit and do a few more.

Serenity

saxman007
on 7/5/09 12:30 pm - Port Huron, MI
Did a nice open water swim this morning.  Did a 1/2 mile down the beach and a 1/2 mile back -- with the current things were nice coming back not so nice, lol.  I actually did a little bit more because my swimming partner had a real hard time with the current so I swam about 1/2 way back to him and tried to pace him back to the beach we left from.
Followed it up tonight with a 10 mile run.  Kept an easy 10:50/mile pace and somewhat enjoyed it.  I'm actually happy to be back to my long runs, kind of missed those in a masochistic way.

mistiimichelle
on 7/5/09 1:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with

Today I did Week 1 - Day 1 of pod-runner.
Like the couch to 5 k only with music.

I enjoyed it quite a bit because I was on the threadmill I had to play around with the speed.  but I look forward to doing it again.

take care
Michelle

mcarthur01
on 7/5/09 11:51 pm - Cumming, GA
did a quick 10 miles on the bike in about 34 minutes or so, then hit the gym for 40 minutes of weights (chest/tri) and then topped it off with 43 minutes on the stairmaster...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active