IronMan Coeur d'Alene Race Report

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/09 7:45 am - Island Heights, NJ
 Almost 2 weeks in the making... but, I have finally posted the longest race report ever!

As usual, It can be found on my on-line triathlon journal: http://maximumcat.livejournal.com

Thanks for all of the support and well wishes!
-A.J.
Linn D.
on 7/2/09 11:15 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks for posting, AJ.  Sounds like a fantastic journey, and a grand finish.

Congratulations once again!

Linn
Hawgman
on 7/2/09 11:26 pm - TX
Great job AJ!!

Your story is certainly inspirational!!

I truly appreciate not only waht you went through, but that your daughter and wife were with you the whole way.  A strong support system is essential to everything that we do.

Darrell
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/3/09 2:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
AJ.,... Thanks for the inspiration brother. Great report, great race, and enjoy the time with your family! Rest well bro....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

saxman007
on 7/3/09 4:07 am - Port Huron, MI
 Great report!
I'm SOOO looking forward to doing this race next year!  It's funny, every RR I've read people have mentioned that 'legs of Zeus' thing, almost all of them in the same light as you, lol!  
Good race and great job!  Enjoy the family this holiday weekend -- seems like they're pretty special to make/wear homemade t-shirts for you!
--Dan
playwithzoe
on 7/3/09 2:40 pm
Wow - that's amazing.  I will do my first Sprint Triathlon on Aug 2nd (Danskin SheRock Philly) and am having a hard enough time believing I will be able to complete that!  Congrats what a huge accomplishment.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Darrell H.
on 7/3/09 9:50 pm - Sinton, TX
Awesome report AJ. You are definately a warrior. I have learned many things from all of your reports, but I learned the most important on this last one. Health and fitness and setting goals are extremely important, but nothing is important as the love of a family and the precious time that we have with them. Enjoy them and God Bless.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
kypdurran
on 7/4/09 4:09 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
A.J. that's great stuff man.   The stuff of heroes.   I'm so glad you got to finish during the magic hour too bro.   Congrats again IRONMAN!

Chad
Cassie W.
on 7/5/09 5:24 am
Great story AJ!  I love the photo of you and your daughter with your medal.  We put in the training, but our families give us love, support and that reserve of strength that helps us persevere when we hit those tough spots.

Congratulations!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active