Thursday workouts

mcarthur01
on 7/2/09 1:16 am - Cumming, GA
had a good one today... 45 minutes in the weight room (shoulders, upper back, bicep), then a 5 mile run on some light to moderate hills pushing my pace, had my best run yet at that distance finishing in 46:22 and a 9:16 average pace, topped it off with a 1200 meter swim in about 25 minutes....

next...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Darrell H.
on 7/2/09 2:01 am - Sinton, TX
Started off the day with a 5:30 swim at the Nataorium 1000 yards total broken up as follows: WARMUP: 200 easy swim, 50 Kick, 50 easy swim
MAIN SET: 10x50 freestyle with 10 seconds rest between
COOL DOWN: 200 easy swim
My warm up and cool down consisted of me concentrating on a certain aspect of the stroke each length of the pool

Then I came home to add an extra run in for today. i only ran 1 1/2 miles at a 9:22 pacebefore I called it a morning due to heat.

I am hoping to get my new wheel in about an hour so I should be able to get my bike ride in this evening.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
DANCBJAMMIN
on 7/2/09 2:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
3 mile run in 26:00 stretching, 10 minutes on stairmaster (60 flights), stretching, 1000M swim 17:00 +/- .... That's all.... Volume is going to be sick starting next week building up for Louiseville full....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 7/2/09 5:11 am - Northern, CA
I'll be doing a bike ride later tonight.

I skipped my long run this morning. I needed the sleep and my quads were killing me. I'll do it tomorrow, for sure.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Markrb
on 7/2/09 5:56 am - MA
I did a hour spin class and then a hour kickboxing class this morning.
304/256/184/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

mistiimichelle
on 7/2/09 9:23 am - Canada
RNY on 09/02/09 with
Im feeling a wee bit sore after upping my weight routine yesterday and all the walking around., and since this not usually a gym day I decided to take it easy.

Take care,
Michelle
jcheryld
on 7/2/09 9:53 am
I'm all abuzz after my 5:00am 5mile ride on my new road bike (3rd ride in 2 days), practiced my T1 which was 1:30, and then a quick 1/4 mile run before getting ready for work. During my lunch hour, did a 1/2 mile swim. And I'm feeling great!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Mifiremedic
on 7/2/09 10:25 am - MI
I just got back from a tri club sponsored open water swim. I planned on one 1000 yard lap, but because of my extremely poor sighting I ended up doing more like 1200 yards. It was nice to get out swimming this evening.

I dont have access to a pool so I am stuck with open water swims; however I am gonna start going over to my parents house and do kick drills while holding on the edge of the pool. Before you ask, the pool is only about 10 yards long. I remember my swim coach saying how great of a workout it is to do just kick drills, if on vacation or business and cant get to a lap pool.

saxman007
on 7/3/09 3:50 am - Port Huron, MI
 there's pro's and con's of open water swimming.  I don't know which I like better yet, lol.  Only having open water isn't a bad thing, embrace it man!!
Good luck at the firecracker -- looking forward to the report.  Let me know what the water temps are like over there.  That 'Michigan Sea Coast Grant Coas****ch' site is giving some confusing temperature reports right now.  For example over here it lists Lake Huron as being 71 or 72*, find it hard to believe but it's been a couple of weeks since I've been in up there so I guess it's possible.  Today it listed the temperature at 43 -- again, pretty sure that's NOT accurate, lol.  I know that Wednesday night series WON'T be wetsuit legal and am hoping Steelhead isn't looking that way too! 
Linn D.
on 7/2/09 10:43 am, edited 7/2/09 11:56 am - Missoula, MT
I showed up for spin class this morning to no teacher.  The gym staff asked me if I'd teach (I work there sometimes too).  They were all a little scared of me (the one who does marathons is going to teach!!!), but all but 1 made it through the whole class.  Some strength drills and quite a few sprints.  Not what they were used to doing, but sometimes it's nice to have a change of pace.

Oh, and I bought new goggles finally, so I can start swimming again!

Linn
Most Active